Day #7 : ONE WEEK AF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half way through the day and not a craving in site. Of course, the children's behavior is a constant trigger point, but I try to cope rather than run. I found a group on here that I like to visit (AF Army), but I still like to post my progress in this Monthly Abstinence section. I have found that I enjoy reading other people's stories as they start out and I thought maybe my daily tracking could help others out as well. My immediate goal is to make it through the first 30 days. I'm now 1/4 of the way there! :-)
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

day by day mm great work keep it up

Comment

MM, great job! :wings:
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Fantastic, MM! What do you think are the most important elements of your plan? What is helping you, so far?

wip

Comment

WIP - I think what's helping me most this time is that my husband is making an effort too. In the past, when I have tried to get sober, he continues to drink. If there's alcohol in the house, I want to drink it. Recently, he was trying to get us both to quit, but I'd just sneak it in on the nights he worked. I just know that I want better for my children. And when I look around at my daughter's school and see the adorable lil' AF Moms, I know that I want to be part of that. And I also know that if I can change this behavior that I will be blessed in more ways than I can count.
          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

here here important to have a plan to defeat this monster al

Comment

Way to Go MM. I am with you. Day 8 here. Getting a bit of the weepies. Has happened before and it does pass. I like to call it "soul cleansing". Keep on truckin'.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

MormonMom
                Have read your posts with interest - you sound very like me with young children and realising you are unablet to moderate. I often wonder if I would have drunk so much if I hadn't had children (didn't really drink heavily before I became pregnant with my first) but PND and hysterectomy tipped me over the edge. Keep going we're all in this together, I'm on day 22 now and I think it's getting easier

Comment

Congratulations MM!! Good to read of your success and also to *hear* how positive you sound. Awesome!

For any ladies who have observed major physical changes following child birth or hysterectomies or when you reach the age where perimenopause could be a factor - I strongly recommend finding a good doctor who works with bio-identical hormones. I feel like I have my body (and my mind!!) back! (I'm 50, so my issues were menopause related) Sorry to bring that up all the time - I only do it because getting the hormones back in balance has been a big deal in my life turnaround just like quitting the booze. (although applying a compounded hormone drop to my belly or butt cheek twice a day is MUCH easier than quitting the booze LOL!!)

Back to topic.....MM your life will just keep getting better and better!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulations on 7 days.

Comment

Well done ~ good for your!
                      Sausage...I am 100% positive I would not be this big of a drinker without kids. They are my major trigger, even though I dearly love the little buggers.
                      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

MM,

Great job on week one AF. Your goal of 30 days AF is attainable and you are well on your way. With determination and the help here, you can go as far as you want to AF.

I am one of many here that has found that MWO really does work for the long term: albeit with commitment to remain AF.

July

Comment

MM that is great to hear. You are already seeing differences and you have a goal. You are doing great. I take my hat off to you!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

awesome job keep it going ..
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                            X