Day #8 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day #8 AF

What a night! Up all night with my sick lil' one year old. Bless her heart, she's sleeping comfortably now. I heard the coffee pot going, so I thought I'd get up before the other 2 kids and post a thread. A bit of Nora Jones, a hot cup of coffee, and a brisk Fall morning (42 degrees). What a great start to a beautiful day. I've found that I really don't have a lot of time to sit and converse on this website, so I just sign on randomly to read the threads. I did decide one thing though: as I mentioned on my first thread (Day #5), I need accountability. And whether I think I have time or not, I have to make time to come on here and post my daily progress. This is helping me to be accountable. And when I receive feedback of encouragement and people who can relate (thank you Sausage), it keeps me going.
    I met with my psychiatrist yesterday. She encouraged me to keep taking the Campral (anti-craving med) and sent me on my way. She seemed a little shocked when I told her that I continued to drink throughout my first 3 weeks on the medication. Whether it's the medication working, or just my will-power, I'm not taking the chance. I'm staying on it and I'm gonna keep trucking.
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Day #8 AF

MM, I've been reading your posts and can relate to your life. I am mom to 6, one with a neuro disability plus all the other kids that congragate at our home. Life is crazy...really crazy. Love my kids, hubby and life. Want to be in control of my life. Hard to do that when AL is in the picture. Keep up the good work.

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
    X