Day #9 AF Sept 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day #9 AF Sept 24

WOW was yesterday hard! I had many cravings during the late afternoon. I thought about the committment I made to this site and it gave me some strength. I also signed on for a bit and got a couple replies on cravings. Yesterday I ate like a stoner with munchies in a candy shop. I justified it with the fact that it was better to be overdosing on food, rather than alcohol. But I still wasn't happy with myself. I can't get in the habit of replacing one addiction with another. The good news is....I made it through another day and today is a brand new day!
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Day #9 AF Sept 24

MM, happy for you! I am back to day 2 here. Stay strong :wings:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

Mormonmom, I'm exactly the same!! Day 3 and I've just tucked into a great big piece of belgian chocolate cheesecake!!!! Delicious!! Its alcohol, coffee, and sugar with me!!! My husband often says why can't I be addicted to something else!!

Like LTG says, stay strong, fight those cravings!!

Janicexxx

ps got the gratitude diary going - great idea!!!
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

What is the diary idea? Sorry for just jumping in...
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

Way to Go MM. Keep on truckin'. My appetite has come back with a vengence as well.lol. Yeah, I always said, "Why can't I be addicted to exercise" lol. Day 10 for me, so right there with you sister. When I eat a yummy chocolate treat, I just tell myself, less calories than 12-17 beers, right.
          LTG- I could be mistaken, but my concept of a gratitude diary is like a gratitude list. You write down all that you are grateful for each day. It helps to take away negative thoughts. I could be wrong.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

LTG - Gratitude journal is just writing down 5 things you are thankful for throughout your day. At first, it's hard to come up with 5, but it retrains your thought process and you start focusing on simple little positives in your life. Boy Sea! I agree with you as far as "Why can't I be addicted to exercise?" I've asked myself that NUMEROUS times. Janice it's great to see you today :-)

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

MM and Sea, thanks for the explaination. Do you write differents things everyday?
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

LTG Write whatever comes to mind. As I explained yesterday, when you're in a real negative funk, it's hard to find positives in your life. You might write: 1) I'm thankful for my health 2) I'm thankful for food on the table, etc. But after you start looking for positives, it could be simple things that you notice such as, 1) My flowers bloomed today 2) a complete stranger complimented my outfit. That's kind of how it works. As each day passes, you'll find more and more positives to write about. I keep myself down to 5 a day. And when I'm feeling more upbeat, I put my Gratitude Journal away. I have the same book I've been writing in since '01

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

MM, I like so many others hated exercise. I was pudgy and out of shape. Bout 9ish years ago I started to ride my crapy old bike. I added a child seat, then a 2 kid pull behind. Me hauling 3 kids....now that?s X- biking! I lost weight and gained self esteem. I started running and that led to other healthy activities and a new bike that I?ve raced. I made a bunch of new friends with very healthy mind sets. I have tried to exchange exercise for drinking. It is a great stress reliever!

I have always had a drinking problem at some level or another. The exercise helped then and has helped now. I seem to get side tracked occasionally by life and stress; I fall back to the booze. My last bout was far worse then any of my other stupid attacks. I know that physical activity plays a very positive roll for me. I would encourage you to try and find something you can do with your kids. Walking, riding, swimming, beyond being great mommy time you share, you set a very positive example for your young ones.

BTW, I?m with you on the sweets, they seem to fill a void, yummy. I love the gratitude journal too!

Omw

40 days today
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

Your right OMW. I've GOT to get the exercise thing in gear. I have a quirky workout program: I train for a running race for a couple months, then can go a year without exercising until I sign up for the next race. On October 13th I will begin a 12 week training program for The Rock 'n'Roll Half Marathon in Phoenix, AZ. It's pretty cool. They have a band at every mile marker. I just ran a 1/2 marathon in April, but have done little since then. I'm very curious to see how my body reacts with the running AF. I'm hoping to see pounds shed quickly. So I guess I'm just stalling, knowing that the 13th is drawing near. My husband and I even signed up for a gym membership! And it has child care!! What other excuse do I have? NONE!!!!

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

awesome job keep on going ..you are doing it..
                      stay strong and think positive
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day #9 AF Sept 24

MM, that is excellent. Looks like I?ve been preaching to the choir. I?m training for a ? in December?Burrrrr, one year I ran it; the wind chill was -20. Regardless it was a bunch of fun!

omw
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                        X