PDA

View Full Version : Yes, there is hope

Waiting for his way out
September 25th, 2008, 04:20 PM
For all of us family members affected by drinking.. there is hope. My husband has been without a drink for 7 days. I know how hard it has been for him and the toll that AL has put on our relationship and on him. There were many times I thought it was not possible, but today it is a great day for him and for us and there is hope for the future.
Hang in there, if you can, it can get better. One day at a time.

Heavenly
September 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thank you for posting something so positive .... I am glad things are improving for you and your husband ...

kriger
September 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
That's great news, Waiting!!!
Kriger

needachange
September 25th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I am glad for you and your husband. I am the one that drinks in our family. I know how much hurt, anger, frustration, pain etc. I hope the days keep multiplying.

FindInverseGetIdentity
September 26th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Waiting -

I am so happy.

I have been reading your posts and love what you have shared with us. I need your perspective to keep me strong in the fight.

I am glad your hubby made it this far. He may have a temper, be grumpy, irritable, etc, but better than drinking, right?

Congrats to yuo both.

_Figi

Waiting for his way out
September 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Almost anything is better than drinking! I am so glad my posts are helping you, I need to share my side of the story and listen to yours. This is a battle for everyone to participate and win.

kriger
September 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Waiting, Is your hubby still AF? I am hoping for you and your husb!!

Montana Mommy
October 6th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Thank you for all your posts waiting. I'm the one who's drinking, hubby's patient. I ordered Antabuse and will take it for the rest of my life it that's what it takes. Hubby doesn't act like he cares if I drink, but I want to stop before it causes problems. You really are a woman to be praised. Thank you for your posts, I watch for them. Stay strong.
MM