Day 7 for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 7 for me

Hi all. I am new this week on this forum and on the MYO program.And am on day 7 al free it's going okay but not feeling well, think it's the topomax (30mg) or maybe no AL(?) It's been years scince I have achieved this so am very pleased with getting through the first week of my month of AL free.PS Morman Mum you are doing great

Day 7 for me

hie cassy, hang on there and day 7 thats great remember everyday counts, we all have to begin from somewhere you know.
    good luck darlin.

Comment

Day 7 for me

Cassy, that's awesome!!! It's a tough road. I've had my struggles just getting here to day 12. Almost drank yesterday. So glad I didn't.
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Day 7 for me

Thanks for your support Massi and Mormon Mum.
        It's Sunday now and I am still doing it . I am missing AL but feel strong(ish). On Friday a friend and I went and stayed in a bush cottage ovevernight and did a 12 km walk the next day wich really helped. It was lovley, and had the added excitement of meeting an angry tiger snake kilometers from anywhere,yes they are deadly, and out of phone range.(LO) Oh well back to normal routine now. Still miss my half bottle of wine a day.
        Casey.

Comment

Day 7 for me

Hi Casey, you are doing great you know. You will miss it for a while but it does get easier. Walking is a great deterrent. I always feel calmer after walking...
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Day 7 for me

keep on truckin your doin great

Comment

Day 7 for me

:goodjob: Cassy! You'll feel better & better!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Day 7 for me

go Cassy

Cassy, you are well on your way! :rockon::thumbsup :bday3: :yougo: Keep on going and hang in there!:goodjob: :banana:

love,

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Day 7 for me

Way to Go Cassy!!! Keep on truckin'. It does get better.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Day 7 for me

Hi Cassey! Welcome to MWO. Just wanted to say congratulations on your one week sober. On this journey I have found it helpful to do a lot of writing. Your comment about Saturday sounded like you felt you missed AL maybe a little. What you might think about is what exactly about AL did you think you missed? At least for me, I tend to really glamorize my mental image of drinking when a serious craving hits. The thought of drinking that crosses my mind does NOT include all the negative consequences that brought me here in the first place!! So I have to remind myself. That is easier sometimes when it's all right there in black and white on paper.

Best wishes,

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 7 for me

Good for you cas, it's not easy but well worth it

omw
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                      X