Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday 4th

Hi everyone!!!

I'm back after more than a week away.....and have I missed you!! Last weekend we went up to see mam which went okay. It was lovely to see her and we took her dog which she was really pleased to see. Going to plan to get up next for her 80th birthday in November and have a little party for her.

I came back home and had to empty our little study where the computer's kept as we were getting anew carpet laid so this meant disconnecting the computer!! Only trouble was when we went to reconnect, we couldn't get it started and then the keyboard wouldn't work!!! Was I frustrated!! Ended up yesterday with me having to buy a new wireless keyboard and finally getting back online!!!!

I'm happy to say I'm still AF and I'm quite proud of myself considering my "lifeline" disappeared this week!!! Coming up to 2 weeks but have decided I'm not getting hung up over counting days this time.....its all about changing my life.

Hope everyone is okay, looking forward to catching up on posts.

much love

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Saturday 4th

great for you!

Janice I am so happy to hear you doing well in spite of! That is wonderful when we can do that..........................:l

Everyone else to come, have a great Saturday, I am going to the gym, then a movie, then probably watch the Hurricanes kick the Seminoles' butts!!:H:H:H:H

lots of love,:h

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Saturday 4th

Janice, Mary Anne and all to come,

Good morning!!

Hubby is back and I feel so greatly relieved to have some company this weekend. I have my neuro appt at 1:45 in Monday.

I am actually feeling better today than I have in a long time. My eye is no where near as blurry and I am getting some feeling back in my right leg. This is very comforting.

Like you, Janice, I am in some personal struggles and staying sober. It is a wonderful feeling. I am facing life as it comes and as the feelings come without trying to avoid it.

Enjoy the day and have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Saturday 4th

Hi Everyone:

I'm still on the mend after the bug I had. Yes, Janice, MWO is a lifeline. When I'm wo/it, I realize just how much I depend on reading the stories & posts. I too am not counting. I have a sobriety date but am not going to announce anything until after I've had a good long stretch of sobriety. I want to see how that works for me. I can only say that I'm very grateful to be AF today. Being sick has given me plenty of time to think. I just don't want to live any other way than completely AF. I don't want to:
        -blot out life...even w/all its warts.
        -live a lie.
        -have people wonder about me.
        -be dependent on something outside of myself.

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to continue to take life as it comes & learn to cope w/the bumps along the way.

Without MWO, I don't think I could be where I am today. I do think something would have happened...perhaps an accident or something like that. Anyhow, I couldn't be happier that I found MWO & am doing this program the way I am. No, I haven't been perfect. But, as I said yesterday, I feel the AL grip loosening. Every time I pass up a drinking experience, I get stronger.

Thank you, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Saturday 4th

Janice, Mary Anne, Cindi and Mary, glad all is well for you. Busy day at work so I only have a moment.

I agree, MWO is a lifeline, you all have helped me more than anyting else

Thank you!

omw
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Saturday 4th

Happy Saturday ABeroooos!

Janice, very well done and glad to hear you are doing great!
            Cowgal, I want a movie report please.
            Mary, glad your feeling better.
            hi OMW and all to come

went to an alcohol laden party last night and had a nice AF time. the group is comfortable with me being AF now and is very respectful.

I'm off to go window shopping at a new sporting goods shop in town. woooo!
            be well friends
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Saturday 4th

Good morning everyone, for some reason I don't post here often, but it's a great thread. I talk with most of you on other threads, though...

Mary, I like what you said about feeling the "grip" of alcohol loosening. I feel very much that way, as well, and it is truly wonderful and remarkable.

Det, I went ahead and bought the Aperture photo software that you recommended, have just installed it, and now I feel a bit overwhelmed by it! It's going to take some time to work through the tutorials etc.! But thanks for the recommendation; I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

Everyone have a great weekend!

wip

Comment

Saturday 4th

Just got back from a housewarming party. Plenty of nice AL, but none of it even tempted me. Everyone seemed to be drinking mod, though we left quite early. One of the things I appreciate most about being AF at parties is that I'm not constantly obssessing about when & how often I can get to the drinks table wo/anyone (including my husb) noticing. That takes a lot of mental energy that I can now put into being sociable. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X