Breakfast Quinoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast Quinoa

Cook the quinoa like rice - one part quinoa to 2 parts water (I use a little less water for the consistency I like). I use a rice cooker. For the liquid, I used 2/3 C water, 1 C freshly juiced apples to 1 C quinoa. I used a teaball to hold 1 tsp or so of the mulling spices. I ate it with some milk poured over it. Some dried fruit or nuts would be a nice addition after cooking.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Breakfast Quinoa

I have naver had quinoa for breakfast...we normally eat it at dinner or cold in a salad. Will try this, I have a celiac kid, bet she would like something new in the morning.

Thanks, greenie
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

I love quinoa for breakfast! With a little soy milk, honey, cinnamon and a banana!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

Oh brilliant, I remember reading about Quinoa on the threads a while back and I spotted it in the shop this week but didn't have a clue what to do with it!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

Love you Greenie. I eat quinoa cause I love the taste. It is quite yang so is very appealing to alkies who have too much yin. It can help balance us out. But as we get more balanced becoming AF over time, we should move to less yang grains. Like maybe quinoa once or twice a week in cold weather. You don't want to go too yang. Then you will start to crave yin (alcohol) again. Brown rice is pretty much in the middle.
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

What's a guinoa ? IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

Greenie, I remember your quinoa with fresh berries over the summer, which I did one day for breakfast with cream -- yummy!

IAD. quinoa (with a Q) is an ancient grain, I believe originally cultivated by the Aztecs or the Incas - one of 'em. Its taste and cooking method is similar to rice or couscous. If I recall correctly, it is good for US because it has serotonn in it. There was a long thread last spring entitled "Miracle Food" if you want to go back and read more.

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

Thanks CS....I did'nt know...IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

I suppose I should try it...I give it to my doggie in the food I cook for her...cause it's good for her...guess that means it would be good for me as well...R2C
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

I finally found the red quinoa and can't wait to try it. I guess I'll cook a little plain and see what it tastes like and go from there. Gelgit said it was really good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

I love savory quinoa so much that the thought of making it sweet doesn't appeal (though I'm sure this dish rocks!). I prefer savory breakfasts so have mine in the morning with wilted spinach and tamari. I tried the red quinoa and wasn't much impressed in my usual way of eating quinoa, but it seemed like it would be good as a cold pilaf or such salad.
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

That's gonna be on our Christmas morning Menu...sounds yummy
                        Thanks GREENIE
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

MOW, I make a savory breakfast quinoa and top it with steamed kale or swilss chard, a poached egg, and hummus thinned with lemon juice and water and a sprinkle of S&P & paprika. Really good! My substitute eggs benedict, LOL.
                          sigpic

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

did you try the red quinoa yet???
                            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Breakfast Quinoa

Not yet, I have it in the rice coker now though for tomorrow. I didn't add anything to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X