Beer and Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer and Football

Having a hard time not drinking beer and watching football. What makes matters worse is that my team is not playing on TV here, so I have to go somewhere else to watch it---a bar. Is it ok to just drink on Sundays? If I do that, am I really capable of just one day a week? These are questions I really need to ponder....
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Beer and Football

The answer is probably not. I'm in the same boat here. Drinking Coffee.

Sucks but I think its worth it.
    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Beer and Football

Hi Luke
      I would think you would be able to refer to what ever your plan is to stop drinking ,to give you answers.If you are AF you know the ans.So if mod --you set the rules.The fight plan should be set before you find yourself in the fight.We have many more Sunday afternoon football games.
      I went to a baseball game a month ago .The first game since i stooped drinking.I haven't gone to a baseball game in 35 years and not had anything to drink.Should say not gotten drunk. Didn't know if I was going to be able to deal with it so had antabuse pills with me in case the trigger was to hard to deal with. Didn't need the pill but good to know I had a plan before I was in the fight.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08
      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08

Comment

Beer and Football

tuff question to ask,everyone has limits they have to follow,is it worth the effort,i wish you well in what ever you decide gyco

Comment

Beer and Football

Football is soooo hard for me too. One of our members recommended that I have some O'Doul's on Sundays. I bought some, and funny thing. I only wanted two. It was good though. Guess my sick brain was not getting the alcohol vibe, so I stopped at two. Like the others have said, beer on Sunday is your call. Only you can decide if you can Mod. I know that I cannot. I do hope that you find the answer.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Beer and Football

Thanks everyone. I did drink today. I realize now that I ponder that there is much more involved than just watching the game. Hell, I can watch boys kick ass (the Cowboys) without a beer. It's everything else that is giving me a problem; it is just another excuse to escape.
            Thanks for listening,
            Lee
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Beer and Football

Thats great to hear. I watched the Giants kick some ass!
              Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Beer and Football

This was my first football game w/o beer too! The game wasn't exciting or maddening so that helped. Broncos defense showed up first time this year! I did drink a hell of a lot of flavored water! :H

Comment

Beer and Football

Luke.................
                  I'm modding. I don't drink during the week then: 2 beers on Friday, 3 beers on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. I really need to watch myself because I too need to go to a sports bar to watch my team on satellite.

I go in with a plan and stick to it.

I also make sure that I eat during the game..........fills me up and gives me something to do rather than drinking.

I pay for the weekend tho..................feel "fat" on Monday and start the crunches and push ups...............

OH YEAH...........................GO BILLS...............!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Beer and Football

It's hard not to drink, tailgate parties, etc.....I drink water, works for me at the Ravens games. IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Beer and Football

IAD................
                      You still need a real RB.........................not the BILLS' trash....................j/k
                      -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Beer and Football

Treeman...Your right he's wheels are suspect. I think they'll be running Rice & Mac more this weekend, IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Beer and Football

Luk,
                          I didn't need football to want a beer (when I was drinking). I could pop a beer at 7am and not blink an eye, although when I started pulling that kind of stunt I decided I needed help! It wasn't football and beer that was my problem, it was anything and beer that was my problem.

My garbage men had to get a bigger truck to take away empties from our house up until a couple of months ago!!! Kriger
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Beer and Football

Hi Football Fans
                            Wanted to bump this thread up, because today is going to be my toughest day so far in this AF stretch-Day 12 today and want to keep it going. Big game for the New England Patriots tonight and I will probably be watching alone with lots of opportunity to drink. I must find a way NOT to do it.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Beer and Football

Seacailin;458267 wrote: Hi Football Fans
                              Wanted to bump this thread up, because today is going to be my toughest day so far in this AF stretch-Day 12 today and want to keep it going. Big game for the New England Patriots tonight and I will probably be watching alone with lots of opportunity to drink. I must find a way NOT to do it.
                              Sea, if you are going to be alone, at home... how come there will be "lots of opportunity to drink"? Can you set it up so that there are not?

Comment

Working...
                              X