3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Today is the 3 week mark for me. I stopped counting days sometime last week, but have circled the "week markers" on my calender. It feels like it's been a lot longer than that. Not because it's been so difficult, simply because I feel like I haven't drank in a really long time. Last month, I was lucky if I could count one AF day in the week. I drank a bottle of wine EVERY day. If I went one day without it, it felt like HUGE accomplishment. And last month, it was a huge accomplishment. Now here I am, 3 weeks later, with 21 days of AF under my belt. I'm still taking Campral (anti-craving) 3 times a day. Not sure how long I'm supposed to take it, or how well it worked for that matter, but will discuss it with my doctor in a couple weeks. Can't remember who, but one of the AF Army friends told me that it doesn't take it completely way, it simply reduces the length of time you have the craving. Not taking any chances as far as going off it.
    My focus has really changed. The first two weeks were the hardest. I was obsessed with the thought of "NOT" being able to drink. This made me want it more. It's kind of like being on a diet: The more you deprive yourself of those sweets, the more you want them. But if you wait it out, the body gets used to not having them. Same with alcohol. I recall my "stinkin' thinkin'" in regards to daily events in my life. I'd ask myself, "How do these other parents do it without drinking?" Pouring a glass of wine before I sit to play a game with the kids, pouring a BIG glass of wine before I sit down to watch television, setting the bottle next to me while I take care of things on the computer. Now, I don't even miss it. As my friend told me, you miss the escape from reality, not the alcohol itself. And then, what good is it escaping? That's only temporary. All you've done is post-poned dealing with your problems. And in some cases, you've just made your problems even worse. Bottom line: the next morning your problems are still there.
    Well, I'm happy to be AF. And thanks to all of you at this website, I have my own version of AA classes right in the comfort of my own home. I might not post a whole bunch, but I sign on to this sight regularly throughout the day just to get some of the motivation you all provide. I love reading of other people's stories, struggles and joys. Thank you everyone for helping my on my journey.
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

MM
    Great post. Hats off to you! See you next week, again...LOL!! :wings:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling great about it, too!

wip

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

MM, What can I say, the first few weeks are so hard. We know you've had to over come a lot to get here.

Very nice!!

nat
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

:goodjob:
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

:beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Well Done! Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

Great post MM - I can really relate to you and all you said - the circumstances when you drank; with the kids. on the computer, watching Tv - it was exactly the same for me. And what you said is so true, it really is only a temporarly escape from reality , you're problems are still there when the alcohol wears off - pluss more as well caused by all the drinking
                Well done on 3 weeks - that's fantastic - keep it up!

sausage xx

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

You have really come a long way in your sobriety and your strength is inspiring to many.Thanks for the uplifting post.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

3 WEEKS OF SOBRIETY!!!!!

GREAT!

I have only "known" you a short time, but that is AWESOME!! Keep it up, it feels wonderful, doesn't it!??!!!

GO GIRL!!! :banana::cheering: :happy: :wd:

lots of love,

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                    X