Oct 7 Tues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 7 Tues

Good morning abbers. I?m late here and where are all of you?? Was out late at a soccer game last night, they lost but they gave the other team hell. Sometimes a respectable loss is better then a boring butt kicking. I am tired but ready to rock n? roll.

I am curious what everyone is drinking these days. I have been on a flavored seltzer water kick, but need something new. The silly tonic water is tooooo much of a trigger for me. I?m tired of ice tea and can only take so much coffee.

We had some additional dialog with daughter last night after talking with the psyc in the A.M. I really want to believe what she is telling me but I am not that gullible. She knows she is being watched and every move is scrutinized. She sees the psyc later this week?..she will be annoyed with that but too bad. Health is too precious to be trifled with at that age.

I have a busy day ahead, off to the trenches

Have a great day all, nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Oct 7 Tues

OMW: I was posting this thread as you were, so I'm going to paste mine here:
    Hi Everyone:

I don't know if someone is typing as I am, but I don't like going a day wo/the daily thread. It's kind of my good luck charm. I've had no cravings in spite of the fact that I'm pretty busy. Business can be a trigger for me, but I'm taking time to relax as well.

The feeling of contentment that comes w/sobriety is indescribable. Living honestly & openly is more than worth giving up AL forever. Every sober day feels like I'm going deeper into a new life. My brain is resetting itself. Every little wrinkle in the day doesn't trigger a drinking thought. I'm finding different strategies to deal w/life's ups & downs.

It's taken a while at MWO, but I think the message is starting to stick. I DON'T NEED TO DRINK!

Take care, Mary

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

OMW: Don't worry too much about your daughter being annoyed w/you. That's what teenaged girls do. If she wasn't purging, why would her BF say she was? It doesn't make sense. Keep going the way you are. Always try to stay calm. The session w/the psychologist will be fruitful. She might not be willing at first, but, in the end, she'll realize it's for the best. Good luck. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

Morning everyone
        OMW I have a feeling your daughter may know that you are seeing through her story, hopefully seeing a therapist will at least clear the air, get it out in the open, and start the healing process. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
        Mary, you are sounding positive and determined!
        Off to work, then to the dentist for oral surgery...Yuck....Tomorrow will have chipmunk cheeks!!!!
        Have a good day!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

Tuesday!

Hey all, OMW, good on talking to daughter and I agree, who cares if she is upset about Psych, it will help her, and once she starts opening up to them, it will do wonders (I hope)

Good luck at the dentist Charlee, I can't stand dental work, have had plenty in my days!!

Mary it is good to see you today, keep doing well, as you inspire all of us (no pressure there!!)

Off to a busy one too, will try to check in later when I get back in................:l

lots of love,:h:l:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

Charlee,

I had a dream last night that the dentist had to remove all my teeth in order to make my head pain go away. I told him "go ahead, do it now!!"

I wish it was that easy.

I do hate dental work, too. I have always hated getting my teeth worked on. My dad is weird. He hates Novacaine and the numbness so he gets all he work done sans numbing. It drives the dentists crazy. He even had a molar pulled without Novacaine!!!

I come from a strange family.

Hope your work goes well and you have very little pain afterwards.

Oh, and I am AF today and yesterday and tomorrow. I hate AL. He hurts me and he hurts the people I love.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

Cinders: Again, congrats on the new g-child, & I couldn't be happier about your daughter's sobriety. BTW, my son got his 6 month AA chip recently. I feel proud. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

Mary,

Thank you. My girl knows her baby is more important than anything else, right now. I am proud of her.

You should be proud of your son. What a wonderful accomplishment!! Before you know it, he will be getting his year medallion!!

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oct 7 Tues

low calorie bevs

OMW.....this is great support you are typing out...I like a daily thread, too. I was able to be AF when my husband was out of town, and went for 9 days and then 11 days this summer, but once he returned,so did the cocktail hour(s). I don't think he realized how bad it got for me, but he's pretty supportive now. And I am now af for one week and hopefully forever. I don't know if moderation will work.
                  Anyway, to answer your question about liquids. Of course water is meant to be the best, but I like diet Sprite at night, diet coke during the day, and the Crystal Light brand drinks. There is a South Beach Diet powder that's low-cal and has some protein in it. A glass of milk is good, too. And I have been drinking V-8 a couple of times a day.
                  The best to you and all of the others who are brave enough to communicate. I am absolutely unable to talk about how bad my drinking is with anyone I know, so thank you...I am so grateful to be able to vent here.

Comment

Working...
                  X