Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Termer Checking In

All,

A lovely PM from Kriger (congratulations on 60 days!) prompted me to log-in and see how you're all doing.

I'm not on the forums so often now, due to working two jobs to work off the debts that I built up during my drinking days - but the important thing here is - I'm now able again, through abstinence - to work two jobs to clear my debts!

*PLEASE* - to every single person here - *NEVER, EVER, GIVE UP HOPE*. This illness CAN be beaten, and HAS been beaten.

Always remember, if you slip - just get up again, dust yourself off, and march on. I always think of a quote from a scientist I read about somewhere, and it really does apply to this illness that we all have - regarding slips:

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment - we learn from failures. There is no need to be demoralized - it only moves our NEXT attempt closer to success."

I wish everyone here peace of mind, and the strength to overcome this.

With love and thanks for your support,

Ian (ZenMetal)

Long Termer Checking In

you are so right zen we can overcome and win at this battle against al ..and good to hear you are working hard to better yourself even more and paying old dedts and living with a clear mind and body.. stay strong and think positive..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

Zen
      Thanks for such an encouraging post. It seems that many seem to be struggling and I think this post will help encourage them and remind them to never give up. Good to hear from you.

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

Hi Zen, great to hear from you! Thanks for the lovely post.
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

[[pre]QUOTE=ZenMetal;436529]All,
          Always remember, if you slip - just get up again, dust yourself off, and march on. I always think of a quote from a scientist I read about somewhere, and it really does apply to this illness that we all have - regarding slips:[/pre]

Thanks zen, it so good to read this post. i do believe never give up HOPE, and i must always remember the above because that where i let myself down once i fallen off i seem to find it hard to get back up again. i think once you can achieve that you have won the battle. love the Quote.
          It good to hear from you and keep us posted now and then.

Take care

Love
          Teadrop.x
          family is everything to me

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

Ian,

Thank you for checking in and posting.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

Zen: Great thread! Thank you for coming back & sharing your wisdom. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

hi zen its good to hear from a long termer who is conquering this problem and I am sure you are feeling good about getting those debts cleared please keep us updated
                ?We are one another's angels?
                Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

Hello my friend Ian

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been so busy lately also. You know it is still a daily stuggle at times for me, but always a good one. I just love your attitude of never giving up hope. Sometimes we all need that message. Thanks so much, my friend.

Mags
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Long Termer Checking In

I too love the "never give up" attitude. Thank you, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X