Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Morning Mod Mob,

Thought I'd start the thread nice and early seems as though my connection is up and running again but who knows for how long

It's a wonderful sunny day here in SA and they are predicting wonderful weather for the weekend too - finally, so although I am working from home today and I have some serious dead lines to meet I'll be taking my coffee breaks out into the garden to soak up the rays and get my bee-hind off the chair for a while.

Welcome Vera!! I am quite excited about the new Mod Mob thread as it isin't just a place where I'm coming to be held accountable but where I can meet new friends!

Well done Vladster on being AF last night:goodjob:

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Morning Deebs (thanks for starting today's thread) and welcome Vera!

Vera - I like what you said about the effort to make AL more marginal versus the reward for being AF a few days. Another thing I'd like to aim for.

Off to see an important client today so I'm glad I didn't have those 2 drinks I was tempted to have. I read the following this morning - thought I'd share...

All of us face trials and troubles. Are we grumbling? Or do we refuse to let our 'little handful of thorns', our troubles, obscure the over-whelming abundance of our blessings?

and a little verse...

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost;
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Oatman

and of course...

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

LOL, I always feel sorry for Mr Zorr!!

I love the message Vlad! I need to keep a gratitude list to refer back to when i'm down as I can't think of a single thing I am grateful for when my mind is in the gutter.

One thing my father taught me was to keep my eyes up - look at the sky and stars when I am feeling down as it is literally impossible to stay grumpy when you do that - maybe that's where the saying "chin up" comes from.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Morning O2M! I will keep dropping in on the AF Army thread now and again too!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

hi ladies and all the others that mite show today,isnt it a wonderful world,i read a story and thot id share with you as it says with ladies,if i had my life to live over by emma bombeck[written after she found out she had cancer]i would have gone to bed when i got sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if i werent there for the day.i would of burnt the pink candle sculptured like a rose b4 it melted in storage.i woulld of talked less and listened more.i would have invited freinds over to dinner even if the carpet was stained or the sofa faded.i would of eaten the popcorn in the good livingroom and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireeplace.i would of listened to my father ramble about his youth,i would of carried more of the responsibiity carried by my spouse.[man or women]i would never insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair was just teased and sprayed.i would of sat on the lawn with my grass stains.i would of cried land laughed less while watching tv and more while watching life.i would of never bot anything because it was practical,wouldnt show soil,or was guranteed to last a life time.instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy,i would of cherished every moment,and realised the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.When my kids kissed me impetuously,i would never had said,Later.now go get washed for dinner.there would of been more i Love you s and More im sorries.But mostly ,givin another shot at life,i would seise every minute,look at it and really see it,live it and never give it back.AS MY BRO SAYS STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF.dont worry about who doesnt like you,who has more,or who s doing what,INSTEAD LET S CHERISH THE RELATIONSHIPS WE HAVE WITH THOSE WHO DO LOVE US.for all my freinds here at MWO womean or man have a responsible weekend and remember i am your freind gyco

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

wow tht took me a long time hahaha latr

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Great post Gyco!

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

all the early birds hahha dee vlad and one 2 and its friday hahaha sent my wife 32 roses yestrday she is not happy in her new job so i tht id brighten her day she left me a note saying i did andth brightened my day

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

thnx tht id share with all my lady freinds heheh

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

You're very thoughtful Gyco - you remind me so much of my little brother (he's 24).

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

id be like the maharashma if all you ladies dropped into me hahhaha

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

you no MWO has givin me so much,if it works,SHARE IT

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

got to go back for a nap,have a good weekend all,430am,have a nc day ahead of me,all check in latr

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Have a good sleep Gyco!

Comment

Mod Mob Fri 10 Oct

Right I'm off to see my client - I'm gathering info to write an editorial for a magazine. Speak later. My sat nav better work otherwise it'll be embarrassing!

Comment

Working...
                              X