Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 10 friday daily

Good morning all,

Uneventful night (that?s good) but busy day today. I will be leaving in a few hours to take one of my kiddos to their out of state tournament. Don?t think I will have a laptop with me as is it my hubby?s drug of choice. I will check in late Sunday if I have time.

Now, on to the important stuff which is staying sober this weekend. Most of the team parents take an opportunity to party pretty seriously. And a weekend out of town with only 1 kid is a great opportunity. We all stay at the same place so there is always someone drink with. Mr. omw normally goes so I do not know this group well. I will have to seek out the more reserved ones fast. I am a bit worried so I will stock up on some fun non al drinks.

Now for the good news, all the kids went to school today, first time this week. I am having an exhale moment.

On the general discussion forum, AAthlete quoted the bigbook in the thread (psychic change) it is worth a read, it really struck a chord with me. The dialog that followed was very insightful too.

Blessings to you all, omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Oct 10 friday daily

OMW
    Thanks for starting us off and yipee...everyone is healthy and back at school. Ventruing out with an unknown crowd can be pretty scarry, have fun at the tourney an since you don't know these folks well, good opportunity to to say "thanks, I am all set" (as you have non AL in hand!!). That line always works for me, have been fortunate never had to go the "just getting over the flu" (although in your case, might just work!!!..just kidding) or "I'm on medication" route......Find your reserved crowd and enjoy this time with your kiddo, and just plain being out of the house......
    Everyone to follow have a safe and happy w/end....
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Oct 10 friday daily

hey

Have fun OMW! Being AF at these gatherings can be touchy, but FUN!!! At least you don't have any already established "drinking buddies", so that will make it easier! Have a ball!

I will stop by and read AAthlete's take on spirituality, that IS a major key in staying happy AF.

Charlee, good to see you, and everyone else to follow, have an awesome Friday! I am going in to work to get my IV certification, then to my fav AA meeting tonight, then out w/ the guys to socialize and have fun afterwards..............it is great to hang out w/ a bunch of well educated docs and lawyers, and young college students who are af just like me!!!

love to all, have a great Friday!!!!:l:h:l

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Oct 10 friday daily

Everyone sounds great! It is great to hang out sober. I can be fully in the moment wo/all the obssession about when I can have my next drink. I've used the "I'm fine w/soda" line. Nobody seems to notice or care whether I drink or not.

Of late, I've been saying:
        "I'm a non-drinker."
        "I do not drink at all."

I say those affirmations to myself several times a day. They're especially helpful when I have the stray drinking thought. However, I say them throughout the day to create new messages in my brain.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...I'll try to check back later. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Oct 10 friday daily

Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

it's snowing at my house. eeeeeeeek! and it's sticking to the ground. I'm just not ready for winter yet.

ok, allow me to compose myself. OMW, so glad the puke-a-thon is perhaps over? and glad you are forming a plan for the party. Luck favors the prepared!
          charlee, Mary, Cowgal, great to hear you are all in good shape as well.

I had a dream last night that I was struggling badly at a party but somehow made it. I woke up pretty shaken but I'm doing fine.

on my last biz trip that I just got back from I was disappointed in myself that I couldn't quite say to this particular group "I don't drink anymore". I tried to make the words come out but they got stuck somewhere. sigh... Most of my friends know now from being around me lately but some I don't see too often.

at any rate i better dig out some winter clothes.

be well friends,
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oct 10 friday daily

I like saying, "I can't drink because of the anti-psychotic drugs I'm on". Then when they laugh, I stare at them really, really hard.

Comment

Oct 10 friday daily

LOL Monica. love it!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X