SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

Day 5 abs. Hydration is my saviour. Had a short, sharp pang for white wine this afternoon, just before leaving work. Recognised immediately that I was quite dehydrated. Last week, I'd have bought wine and raced home before I could even think that through. Think I've been really sleep deprived for a while, so nearly a week of long sleeps has left me feeling quite calm.

LAST WEEK I was the girl who was opening a second bottle of wine between 8-9 pm.
    THIS WEEK I'm the girl who happily goes to bed at 8-9 pm!

Good luck for the weekend, everyone.

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

way to go monica,we all have to start some where,your doin a great job,the sleep is normal,it will come back over time,gyco

Comment

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

Monica
      Thanks for starting us off, and Gyco good to see you pop in on the abs thread!!!
      You are doing great Monica, your post sounds very positive. A week can make so much of a difference, and good that you are recognizing "thinking through the urge/craving/thought".....For me, my journey has been all about choices. I know I can walk into that store anytime, buy anything I want, go home and have a field day. The question I always need to ask myself first is "am I willing to pay the consequences?'.....I am not.....
      Real sleep was new to me also, I too go to bed earlier than before because I am really tired from a long day, not because I have had my quota for the evening and know its time to "pass out"...Feels good, doesn't it?
      Everyone have a great weekend!!!!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

good morning all.
        nice job monica.

today is day 105 AF. personally i am amazed at how i was able to survive when i was drinking and NOT sleeping properly. now i sleep around 8-9PM and often still feel tired during the day. the human body is resilient!
        anyhow, life really is all about choices.
        i've noticed that now i am getting my act together i want my life in perfect order.
        unfortunately this is going to take time but at least the process is under way. good luck all and good day!

Comment

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

Hello to all!!
          Monica, that sounded like this girl's 8-9 schedule. I too am now ready for bed between 8-9 instead of still drinking. I'm thankful to be getting solid nights of rest now. Intially, I was taking Melotonin nightly to help me. But now I feel that I sleep the best without any extra help. And despite the new improved night's rest, I'm still tired throughout the day. I tend to be living on caffein. But now I'm trying to gradually break that habit too. But without it I just feel LAZY!!
          I made it through going out to dinner last night without a glass of red wine. Not only did I not have that glass of wine, but I didn't crave it either. It was great. The hubbie drank a good 12 pack throughout the evening and felt like crap this morning. He's back to good reasoning today and realizes that was stupid! He's more concerned that he might have triggered me into wanting to drink, but I told him that's not the case. I'm too close to my intitial 30 day goal.
          Hope everyone manages to get through the day. Make it a great one :-)
          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

Everyone: Thank you all for the motivation. I love it! Yes, I must be reminded to think through the urge. It's so easy to give in.

We're having the g-sons stay overnight. I've done these sleep-overs drinking, & I've done them sober. Sober is much, much better. I'm there w/them instead of thinking about when I can get my next gulp of wine.

I was reading through MWO threads last night. A long-time abster suggested carrying around a card w/the number of the abs days we've accumulated. We can then look at the card when temptation strikes & ask ourselves if we really want to spoil that number.

Good luck everyone.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

SAT 11 OCT DAILY THREAD

top of the Saturday ABeroooos!

loverly kickstart Monica, thank you.

well done MormonMom on being AF despite hubby's antics!

AB's card...interesting tool. certainly wouldn't hurt to try that!

off to keep cleaning the house.

be well friends
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X