Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Well I have started our thread here until we have voted/decided where we would prefer it. Everyone must be happy and comfortable to post where we have chosen. Like I mentioned on the poll, I don't mind which.

My weekend has been a bit boring, sorry to say. Friends were supposed to come and spend the night with us last night and we were going to watch the Rugby and braai all the lovely crayfish we brought back from our holiday but they cancelled at the last minute. So hubby and I sat around at home feeling a bit "spare". It used to be in times like that that the two of us would then get totally pear-shaped! Luckily we or rather I held it together and just had two glasses of wine with dinner. Hubby leaves on Thursday to go overseas for 2 weeks so he was looking for a bit of a celebration as he'll be over there for his and my birthdays but I told him to put the champagne bottle away and save it for when he gets back.

Sun - I'm chuffed the scones are so forgiving, I was wetting myself reading your post. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Vladster - did you make that bread in your bread machine? I have a massive bag of flour which won't fit into my grocery cupboard so I am going to try my hand again at making a loaf in the machine - the last one flopped horrible though.
    When I was on holiday and having my two glasses of wine each evening, I also woke up feeling like shite, had a fuzzy head and the beginnings of a headache. So I am remembering that feeling every time I have a toot.

Gyco, How are you doing today?

Starting, you are always welcome here:l

Ducky, a 20 min bike ride - good on you. My next goal is to get involved in some form of exercise. My gym membership has expired - not that I enjoyed sharing sweaty equipment with others but it had a lovely big pool where I could swim. Maybe join a yoga class...hmmm.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Hi Dee Bee
    What have i missed? What poll - what thread? Can I join too?
    Bh

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

BH, I've missed you!!

I was looking at the very first post I did when I joined and you were one of the first ones to welcome me!

Vlad started a poll (look under Long Term Mod) as we are debating as to where we should post this thread... go check it out!

So happy to have you on board.... How are you?
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Hello happy modders )
        Deebs sorry your weekend was a bit of a damp squib. Its horrible when plans dont go right. At least you kept everything together. You should be proud of yourself. As far as exercise goes I used to do loads now I just walk, quite alot but that is the one thing that I consistently enjoy and it keeps me sane. Me and my doggie just tramping the miles together...Love it )
        Have a super duper day all x
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Ah I see said the blind man! That is good to have an ongoing mod thread. Count me in.
          I am in great form. Had an interesting weekend which I spent away with a friend of mine. We used to be boozehags together - one of us was bad enough but put the two of us together - instant dynamite. We havent had anything to do with each other for about 1.5 years because of the AL really. Anyway she is 10 months sober now in a type of AA and I am here on MWO with 6 months under my belt so we recently got back in touch now that we are not a danger to each other. My husband had a big night out Friday night (and he is not normally a big drinker) so he was hungover as hell and suffering and boy did we give him a hard time about his disgusting lack of control when drinking and ruining his life etc. He really hates us now! It was so funny to see the two major party animal pissheads up at the crack of dawn out walking when previously we would have been staggering to bed at that time having kept the neighbourhood awake half the night with drunken renditions of Dancing Queen etc! Nothing worse than a reformed alcoholic!
          BH

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Your poor hubby BH )
            Mine got the same treatment last time he went over board with the booze!

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

So wrong but so good!
              BH

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Oh yes )

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

BH, I also used to have an accomplice - my best friend and although we haven't hung much together since I joined here (she was adamant I didn't have an AL problem) we have started slowly seeing each other again and she has cut back drastically so i think I may have rubbed off on her a bit.... it is wonderful to have my best friend back cause I missed her.

Starting, If I had to take my dog for a walk I'd have grass burns on my knees from being dragged aroung the neighbourhood!! I did give him a bath yesterday and he stood like an overgrown lamb in the bath whilst I washed him but then promptly got our and teared around the house like a lunatic on wet paws!!

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

I know that feeling Dee, I use something called a gentle leader on mine. Stops them pulling so much.
                    what sort of dog have you got?

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Starting, have you had any news on your Mom yet?

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

He's a boerbull (not sure if that is just the SA name) but weighs in at 100kg's

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Went to see her yesterday and she wasnt so good. The nurses had "lost" her chart and she hadnt had her anti coagulant. They also didnt believe me when I told them she wasnt feeling well!!! She hasnt seen a doctor since friday but will see one tomorrow morning. I am worried, the hospital have screwed up so many times with her over the past year or so. I will talk to her shortly and go down this afternoon.

Not sure what a boerbull is but he is BIG !!!! Mine only weigh 30 kgs! And they pull me around if they want to!

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

I am off to walk my little cherubs now. It is murky and still quite dark here in UK but getting outside always soothes my soul.
                            Catch you later, have a lovely day all x

Comment

Mod Mog Sun 12/10

Have a great day Starting... I'll be thinking of your Mom!

Comment

Working...
                              X