Had another wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another wobble

I had a wobble last night when I found an opened bottle of wine that had been hidden (wonder why ...LOL) argghhhh I am

going to expand on this when I have more time...running late for appointment ....

Luckily for me I had two good friends on hand ....one called Maxine who texted me out of it and one called TLRGS who emailed & PM'd me out of it ....

Thank you to both of you FOR BEING THERE FOR ME - BIG TIME

IT'S GOOD TO HAVE FRIENDS
    :l:goodjob::h:l
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

Had another wobble

Good for you! Overcoming "wobbles" always makes us stronger!

wip

Comment

Had another wobble

I'm glad there were good friends around to help you through it.

Comment

Had another wobble

Heavenly: Thank goodness you had your friends to help. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Had another wobble

i love you my friend .. you are doing an awesome job.. stay strong and think positive..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Had another wobble

G'day Heavenly. Great you resisted etc. and show's me at least two things. That even after a relatively lengthy period of abstinence one can still be strongly tempted, and 2. support, and knowing you have that support from people here and elsewhere makes a lifesaving difference. New fella learning lot's about himself and al from you guy's, love,G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Had another wobble

Guitarista;440674 wrote: G'day Heavenly. Great you resisted etc. and show's me at least two things. That even after a relatively lengthy period of abstinence one can still be strongly tempted, and 2. support, and knowing you have that support from people here and elsewhere makes a lifesaving difference. New fella learning lot's about himself and al from you guy's, love,G.

Hi and :welcome:

Yep it's true some of us have less problem stopping and more problems staying stopped ... I was sooo smug about stopping so easily that now I am eating humble pie .....

Just keep trying Guitarista thats all you can do ...

Good Luck

Heavenly
              ?We are one another's angels?
              Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Had another wobble

Diamond,

Don't worry about being smug. You did so well stopping you should be smug. Many of us went through so much.

However, staying stopped is always another issue.

You are doing well. You deserve to pat yourself on the back and be happy with where you are.

Don't worry about the occasional wobble, simply expect them. You know and I know that we never want to go back to where we were. It was a dark place and it hurt a lot.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Had another wobble

Yes, I would agree that staying stopped is the challenge. Regardless of how long it takes though, I will never give up my goal of being abs. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Had another wobble

Staying stopped is where the hardest work starts! It is all part of the journey, I find that I am really starting to get to know myself again. When we have a wobble and get back on track I think we learn even more! At least I have...Keep the Faith!

Guy
                    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Had another wobble

I wobble a lot.

You are an inspiration, heavenly. You were soooo smart to get friends to help. I have told 3 friends and they are very, very supportive. Wine is everywhere. My husband and I went to a Sunday early evening movie and they sell wine and beer in the lobby. The gal next to me had a lovely golden plastic cup of white wine and held it next to my right arm. I wanted to snatch it out of her hand and sip deeply, but of course I didn't. I have been AF for 20 nights now and still am experiencing deep cravings and haven't lost the 8 pounds that I thought would just drop off.
                      Please keep posting and give that bottle away as a gift!

Comment

Working...
                      X