Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figuring it all out

Hey here!
    31 yr old, divorced single mother of an 8 yr old daughter. Texas born and bread!
    Been drinking since I was 14. Ramped up quite a bit more post divorce 3 yrs ago.

So I'm here...found you guys on Friday, as I spent the day off from work thinking about a crucuial conversation that I'd had the night before. No, I don't have control and yes I do have a problem. I don't drink daily, but actually have to think about not on the days that I don't. When I do drink, I am a 1-2 bottler. I have ended up with stitches, been on cruches, and had some just down right brutal bruises. My career hasn't been effected, although my behavior at our gold tournament this week wasn't ideal....I have lost friends and most recently a guy I was seeing because of my love for and behavoiro with booze. I didn't think that I had a problem b/c I don't drink daily, and still maintain the majority of my responsibilities. Wow...what a slap in the face that has been.
    So I'm here....on day 3...planning on ABS for 31 days. Not sure what the plan will be past that, but 31 days and the start to a lifestyle change is enough for me to process right now.Thanks for reading, for your encouragement, and words of wisdom through this journey.
    ~Chacha

Figuring it all out

:welcome:It was so nice to meet you Chacha in chat, and with your inner strenght you will soon be there. You will find time and excitment with your new lifestyle, keep up the great work............Rusty:goodjob:
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Figuring it all out

Good for you, ChaCha, get yourself a good solid 30-day plan, hop onto some of the regular threads, talk about what's going on!

Welcome!

wip

Comment

Figuring it all out

Welcome, ChaCha! I am in TX also.
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Figuring it all out

Welcome Chacha,
          You will find lots of help and support on this site. I look forward to getting to know you better.
          Kriger
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Figuring it all out

there you are Chacha! great chatting with you. welcome to monthly ABs!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Figuring it all out

Chacha
              Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan for the next month. Stick around and there will be many here to support you along the way.

Comment

Figuring it all out

Chacha: Welcome. Peek in on the daily thread. It's a great motivator for staying sober. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X