Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 12 - Sun. - Daily Thread

Hi Everyone:

The g-sons are at home, & we are able to relax. Sleepovers w/them are fun, but somewhat exhausting. No drinking makes it 100% better. Take care. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Happy sunday ABerooonies far and wide!

looks like a slow start eh Mary? I'm hoping everyone is sleeping in and having a grand time.
    Glad you are getting in some nice family time. My family is scattered all over the place so sadly I don't see them too much.

home with DX today and getting in some much needed relaxation time. Weekends can be a challenge so make sure you line up some healthy distractions everyone

be well
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy Sunday to you all. I have to share with you an experience I had last night. My intent is not to get "all religious" on you, because we all have our different religious preferences. But this was beyond coincidence. As the day turned into night yesterday, I thought about how much I'd like to sit down with a whole bottle of wine. I knew I wouldn't do it, but that thought of my "temporary" enjoyment kept plaguing me. At the end of the night, I began reading the manuel to prepare for my Sunday school class. It's a class for 11 year olds, so it's nothing too deep. But the jest of the lesson was to teach the children to pray so they will not enter into temptation. As I read further, it pointed to additional scripture reading and each one I turned to, specifically discussed not giving into temptation. Is that incredible or what? Maybe I'm reading more into it than I should, but I felt that it was directed right at me. And thus begins another sober day. :-)
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

MM: I don't think you're reading more into than you should. I really feel there are no coincidences. Those readings were put in your life for a reason.

I'm doing well today. In the past, after an overnight stint w/the g-sons, I've felt I needed something to help me relax or a reward of some kind. That usually took the form of drinking. Not so, today. I feel strong & on track. Yes, I did feel some urges yesterday, but I:
        -said my affirmations: "I am a non-drinker." "I do not drink at all."
        -had my AF number on the counter-top where I could see it.
        -remembered all the bad stuff about drinking.

No contest! Sober is infinitely better than drunk. I just took a long walk w/the dog & will settle down w/a crossword puzzle. Our neighbor asked us over later for a "drink," but I know mine will be selzer.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X