PDA

View Full Version : Mod Mob 13th October

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Morning Mobsters! Or Mogsters, LOL! Hope you all had a great weekend. Last night at church, our speaker was a Rabbi from the Messianic Jewish Church in Minsk, Belarus. Very interesting, certainly opened my eyes!

This will be a busy week - it's full of church meetings, so should get a number of AF days this week. Last night was AF, so off to a good start.

Tonight is our church group practise (I play balalaika and sing alto). Joining this group to make music really helped me with my AL problem. It gave me something positive to focus upon.

Anyway, have a great MONDAY.

boozehag
October 13th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Morning Vlad
Its 9pm evening here in NZ so Monday is nearly over. It was a lovely sunny day here today and I was tempted to have a swim in the sea but it is not quite warm enough yet. Soon though.
Another AF day for me today - didnt even think about it.
Have a great day all the rest to come.
BH

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 05:06 AM
boozehag;439525 wrote:
Another AF day for me today - didnt even think about it.

Still learning here on the 'not even thinking about it' part.

gyco
October 13th, 2008, 05:23 AM
way to go VLAD,sounds like thngs are looking up,gonna take som time offf from AL for a while,dang maybe ive finally found a way to beat this monster,you are an inspiration for me,tht is a good thing thnx gyco

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Wishing you all the best Gyco!

gyco
October 13th, 2008, 05:28 AM
thnx VLAD AND THE SAME TOO YOU,love those pics hehehhe

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks Gyco. Trying to focus on losing some weight. Think it's exercise I need... well I know it's exercise I need. Going to walk to the shop for water at lunch. It's about a mile away.

Zeppie2
October 13th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Hey vlad how are you doing?

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Hi Zepps - doing OK, thanks - hear your dogs have had a few wins? Am I right?

Zeppie2
October 13th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Hi Vlads, they have run in a few placings , no wins yet (finger crossed for some though)

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
As I've mentioned somewhere, I think on this thread yesterday, I've done my half hour fast walk to the shop and back. It was uphill all the way back, so my heart was pounding a bit. Will I do the same tomorrow???

startingover
October 13th, 2008, 08:13 AM
You will!!!!!!

startingover
October 13th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Walking is my saviour it keeps me sane (ish)

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Hi Starts, any update on your mum yet?

startingover
October 13th, 2008, 08:27 AM
The hospital are still screwing up vlad. This morning they still dont have the results of her scan that they took on Friday!!! My brother went mad! when he heard!!!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Any chance for this afternoon or will your next hope of knowing be tomorrow?

startingover
October 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM
They said we would know "later" so I guess this afternoon is a possibility. They are so inept

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM
LOL! Today I feel like this is my personal thread home and people are coming to visit.

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:32 AM
startingover;439689 wrote: They said we would know "later" so I guess this afternoon is a possibility. They are so inept
Well here's praying for this afternoon Starts.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

Vlad, good job on the AF. Having an evening activity does help with that. I also am a ways away from not giving A a thought.

Hi to Starting, gyco, BH, Zeppie and all to come.

Hoping for a run today.

startingover
October 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Ducky!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hi Ducky, how far will you be running?
If you do run that is.
What am I talking about - YOU WILL GO FOR A RUN!

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I used to run 4-5 miles but lately I cross train. I take pilates twice a week, try to do strength training once or twice a week, then run 2 miles a couple of times, bike a couple of times, etc.

I am also trying to lose. I lost 15 lbs over the last year but need to lose at least 10-15 more. I like to cook and eat, so it is a challenge! I am just trying to reduce portions and up the exercise, and it seems to be working - slowly...

Keep the walking up Vlad!

Starting, are you exercising too?

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I've done the dumbest thing. I walked to the shop and bought a bottle of water. The office has a water dispenser. Now that's gonna look suspicious. I have a reputation as it is, I get some stick for my vodka drinking.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe you could offer some to your nosey coworkers Vlad. Or leave the bottle untouched on your desk. It might drive them mad...

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Oh, I've drunk it now. Well if they were suspecting me, they'd be thinking I was faring quite well for someone who had drunk 500ml of vodka, LOL!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 09:43 AM
in an hour.

DeeBee
October 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hide-ho Mobsters!!

Ducky, you are putting us to shame with all the exercise you are doing!! I went for a swim with my daughter yesterday as it was a stinker here and after throwing the ball around the pool for 5 min, promptly ran out of breath!!

Vladster, I envy you your faith. I wish I had something that I believed in strongly.... getting there, baby steps. Good job on being AF last night.

Today has turned totally pear-shaped for me as the new website was supposed to be up and running today but due to various reasons isin't so I have to get back to work for a bit.

Hope everyone is having a great monday (sweet dreams BH)

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
DeeBee, hope the website is up and running shortly!

I love to exercise. Unfortunately I love to eat and drink as well.

DeeBee
October 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Ducky, k, so I haven't done any work since logging on!!

BH, did your son go to school today - our time zones are so wacked I think you're in bed now??

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Deebs, was wondering where you where. Hope you get the website sorted! Anyway, I didn't choose to be a Christian, God chose me - He found me when I was at my lowest, something someone said about asking Jesus into my heart just twigged with me at that point - I was 19, obsessed with drink and had OCD on top of that - oh I shudder at the thought now. Just can't believe I slipped 10 years later, well I can - it only takes us to get complacent, let the devil take hold and BLAM! You're sat with a nearly empty bottle of vodka intoxicated on the sofa. The thing is, in hindsight I'd seen it coming for about a year, but refused to admit it, thought I could handle it - what's one little shot of vodka going to do? Sounded like the devil's voice to me. And we know he only wants destruction.

Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear my little preach there.

DeeBee
October 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I have given up with the website for today... there is only so much a girl can do in one day.

I loved your little preach Vladster. I am such a lost soul, searching and searching .... I feel the only way from here is to read, learn, feel and hope!

How are you doing otherwise - I would kill for a piece of your fruit loaf right now!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Doing OK - need to lose some weight though, LOL!

DeeBee
October 13th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ditto! Ducky is putting me to shame, I need to do some form of exercise.

Just bought some more veggie seedlings so a bit of gardening will be in order if the sun is shining tomorrow.... that counts as exercise, doesn't it??

Sunbeam
October 13th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone,
Well, the guests are gone , the house is ours and quiet again.

Ducky, I also enjoy riding my bike. I ride to work most days when weather cooperates. It's anly about a mile, but I try to take a longer route home, about 6 miles. In the summer I just work part time, so on my off days I ride about two hours in the a.m. I love it! I also swing, usually two morning a week, walk a lot on my job, probably a couple of miles a day. Back strengthening and stretching exercise two mornings per week, walk the dog most evenings about 1/2 mile. I had hoped to lose some weight, but so far not.

DeeBee
October 13th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Swing!! Now that is something I could take up seriously.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Sunbeam,

You have a great exercise plan. I read a while back that losing weight is 30% about exercise and 70% about diet, although the exercise is super important to maintaining your healthy weight.

I fear it is true because despite the amount of exercise I was doing, until I started cutting my portions I also did not lose. Makes sense when you think about it. You can eat the 500 calories you just burned on a jog with one nice fattening snack.

I have done lots of diets but what works best for me is to try to eat smaller portions and make healthier choices, leaving room for treats of course. I have thyroid disease, and that combined with age makes it harder to lose than it used to be but I am SICK of using that as an excuse!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'm going to give up pizza. :upset:

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Eating my last today.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Oh Vlad I could never give up pizza. I recently made a white pizza with clams (steamed them myself) and pancetta.

Just have one or two slices with a big salad!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Oh, I'd have 3 slices cos I'm greedy.

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
and some garlic bread.

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Tonight's pizza is chicken, bacon and mushroom.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM
YUM

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Eaten pizza and off to my church worship group practice. Later all.

ducky
October 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Have fun Vlad.

Just did my run. Instead of turning around at one mile I kept going. Then at 1.6 one of my toes started to hurt. Needless to say I turned around and it was really hurting at 3.2 miles! Feels fine now?

Off to do some planting. Hope everyone is well.

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Owwww!

vlad
October 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
It was thanks. My last pizza. :upset:

Now if I could only say the same about AL.

vera-b
October 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Happy Monday mobsters,

Vlad, you're making me hungry with all the pizza talk. I took off 11 pounds off since mid June, put there mainly by wine and vodka. Now things have stabilized and I'm trying very hard to keep it off. Age really working against me here. Starting, I, too rely on my morning walk. It's quiet and very peaceful except for the yipper dog 2 doors down that is still trying to defend the neighborhood and barks like crazy when I get back. It's not that he's glad to see me -- he barks out of boredom and I'm the only action that time of morning!

I've got church classes tomorrow and Weds. evenings, so time here will be limited - but they also help keep any thoughts of AL to a low wimper if anything. Not struggling which is a good thing. Hope everyone's feeling good this week.

Vera-b