Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 13 - Mon. - Daily Thread

Hi Everyone:

Autumn is spectacular here in New England, & I think we're going to go out w/our dog & hike & look at the foliage. No hangover, no pushing myself through...just pure, sober enjoyment. Today is one of those days that I feel incredibly grateful that I'm AF. I'm not worrying about the future. I'm just living in the moment today. I'll check back later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

awesome mary so positive and live for today is the way .. keep it up and have fun
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

That's real cool Ret. no hangover?. mmmm.... living for the moment! yeah. nothing much wrong with that!...G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mornin all,

Quick check in here, it?s going to be a busy day. Tournament went fine! Did not see the other parents much other than at games, which was good. I minded my p?s and q?s and had fun with my kiddo. It?s really nice to have good one on one quality time with your children. It works out much better when you?re not bombed out of your mind. I had a great time!!

However, I really missed you all. I missed Friday night jams, word assoc and the weekend plans of others. It amazes me how I have come to rely on you all for support and acceptance.

Mary, the trees are amazing here too, it's nice to enjoy them this year.
        Well the day is wasting away, the best to you all!

omw
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Morning all
          Foliage gorgeous here in CT, hubby and I took a ride yesterday and it is the first time in YEARS, I can appreciate te beauty in the changing leaves. I was always coming down from my Sunday afternoon buzz in the past and it is still so vivid in my mind, just blankly lookingout the car window in a haze, staring but not seeing....
          I will always take this journey ODAT. I still make no promise for tomorrow, just focus on today. I will not waste my time or energy trying to change something I have no control over, and tomorrow is one of them....I will deal with tomorrow...tomorrow....
          Mary, enjoy your hike and TL thank you for always encouraging us to kee up that positve attitude!!!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

No color here in the SE as yet. But the fair is here. I'm having daily chats with my stomach to prepare it for what I will eat one night this week. Busy day today and a chapter meeting of Trout Unlimited tonight. I've never been to one and hope to meet up with some people to fish with. I'm not sure how to initiate it. I don't want to say "Hi, I'm divorcing my husband and don't have anyone to fish with - interested?" :H
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,
              It's Monday and it's Day 2. Of no coffee that is. I'm a little sluggish. I'm a little out of sorts right now as I just had to post a apologetic reply to defend my comments on a different thread. Guess I should keep my opinions to myself.
              OMW glad to hear that the soccer tournie went good AF. You probably enjoyed your children much more.
              Green, just remember you're there for you, not for their opinions on your situation. You'll have fun.
              Today, without coffee, begins my 12 week training for the 1/2 marathon. It's an easy run today, so I'm not getting too worried. But I am craving extra energy. What mom doesn't crave extra energy!!
              Everyone have a great day. Will ck in later
              When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Thanks everyone for checking in. I've come to depend on seeing how you are doing & reading words of wisdom. I just got a rush of gratitude for MWO, because pre-MWO, I had absolutely no support. I was in hiding & drinking A LOT. Now, I have a sober life, & my relationships are changing daily. Thank you all. Mary
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
                  I too, had/have no support, was also hiding, and like you, drinking alot.......MWO is my safe haven, and need to check in everday to remind me that I will always be one drink away from returning to that deep dark abyss. I know I will never be cured or totally recovered. I will always be in recovery and I am ok with that. My thoughts of AL are few and far between, but still there...more of an irritant.....A small price for the gift of sobriety. You thank us...., I thank you, for you have surely demonstrated exactly what you signature line reads.....Wisdom , Courage, Strength. I am proud to walk this walk with you...
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

AHhhh Greenie, wish we lived a bit closer....you'd have a fishing buddy for sure. I love fly fishing... I love all fishing. But somehow, I don't think you will have a problem finding a guy to fish with. Or maybe even a girl, we're out here.
                    Hubby and I spend a week fishing every year, my next trip with him will not involve al. I look forward to it

omw
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Char: Many, many thanks. Your sharings ALWAYS hit home & sound so similar to my experience. Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Late day check in. whew! zoom zoom. glad to see all your smiling faces

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

FOUR! day 4 that is...I feel fun, frisky free, and fabulous. I am so excited about living a healthy life, focusing on quality, and exploring all of the wonderful things to do and see--sober.

Comment

Working...
                          X