Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 15 - Wed. - Daily Thread

Hi Everyone:

I read yesterday's thread all the way through. It was funny & encouraging at the same time. We all have our issues, & I'm realizing that drinking doesn't make anything easier. I'm really hoping that abs becomes a way of life for me instead of a daily effort. I do feel the AL grip loosening at times. I try to remember just how destructive AL was in my life: emotionally, physically, & spiritually. There isn't one positive thing I can say about my drinking life. That initial buzz is so fleeting, as to be almost non-existent.

Take heart in the fact that we are all in the same boat. In sobriety, my life has blossomed. I'm realizing that I must take the bad w/the good. For me, there is so little bad. Yes, I have problems, but at least they aren't drinking problems anymore.

I read in the paper this AM about a woman who was given a ticket for DUI. She was 4 times over the limit. I'm sure my husband will shake his head when he reads it. He won't be able to understand how someone would go out in a car in that condition. I know how impaired one's judgement can get when we drink.

Anyhow, I'm just grateful it isn't me. Good luck to one & all. If you haven't been here for a while & have been lurking, please feel free to jump in & share. We've all had our ups & downs, so there is NO judgement.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Good Morning, Mary,

Today is a bright and sun shiny day here and I am up and at 'em and rarin' to go.

I am feeling strong and positive today. There is a lot to live for.

My daughter is getting her ultrasound this morning. I can't wait to hear that all is okay, how far along she is and maybe even what sex the baby is. I am thinking pink again!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: I'm so thrilled for you. There is nothing like a new baby in the family. My daughter talks about having another one, but I'm not sure if she will in these tough economic times...taking a maternity leave now would be a hardship. She has 2 lovely sons but longs for a little girl.

As for you, absolutely think pink. That would be so wonderful for all of you, especially her little girl. She'd have a baby sister to fuss over. But whatever you have, it'll be wonderful.

As for drinking: I too feel strong. I have a very full day planned...chores, a little babysitting for the boys, & a potluck to watch the debate. No drinking will be included. I'm getting very used to being around drinking while staying abs. It's starting to feel normal. Our friends are always stocked up on nice sodas for me, & that's the first thing they offer. It feels so good to be the designated driver. My husb hardly drinks, but he has a cataract in his good eye, so I have to drive at night. How convenient is that? Being the DD really keeps puts my drinking out of the picture. Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
        Abs will become a part of your daily life instead of an effort. Isn't it amazing, after all those years of drinking, we cannot find a positive?.....A waste of time, money, health, life and so much more (all this in retrospect, of course!). If I think back to any given situation or crisis in my life, the booze did not change it, or me, just enabled me to numb my way through it....temporarily.....No wudda, shudda, cudda's.....that time is gone. We can only go forward, remain diligent in our resolve and be thankful for each new sober day......
        Cindi is it so good to hear you excited....New Baby, fruitcakes, red and green corn husks....all things you are looking forward to!!!.....When I was drinking, the only thing I looked forward to is my next drink. The burden has been lifted.....
        Have a great day abbers!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Char: As usual, your posts hearten & encourage me. I know that at some point in my life, the AL desire switch will be permanently on "off." I too have so many blessings in my life...that includes my very aged parents, children, g-children, & husb (aggravating as he may be at times). Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
            Not sure that my switch ever will be totally in the "off" position, maybe just stuck in reverse? (Corny, I know).....as long as my attitude does not switch to the "fast forward" position, I can deal......What I do know for sure is that I am in control, I have the power, I make the choice. I will no longer let that liquid in a bottle have power over me as it once did. I took my power back.....
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning all,

I am on my tenth day AF. I want to affirm my decision to be sober again today out loud to you all--someone's got to hear it

I've joined an online AA group in addition to lurking on this board. I feel compelled lately to find something even more than my way out and I still have a problem with calling myself an alcoholic and some of the AA "ways" but at this point I feel I am willing to try anything. I did 30 AF days last November then tried unsuccessfully to moderate with the help of Naltrexone--when that didn't work I went back to my typical all or nothing thinking and went full throttle with the heavy drinking again. Now I am back to square one I guess.

I wish you all the best today...it is a crisp morning here but promises to be another beautiful day in Colorado. Take gentle care...

Pepper
              Pepper

Comment

Pepper
                I hear ya, loud and clear.....Congratulations on 10 days!!
                You went 30 days, so you know the routine.....read, post and keep us updated on your progress....
                Ab's is a great thread...welcome
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Pepper: Thanks for coming here & sharing. Congrats on the 10 days. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Good afternoon all,

Pepper, great job on the 10 days. I can understand the all or nothing, that's me too. No need to lurk....post away. I like your little doggie avatar, very cute.

Had a Doc appt earlier this morning and will have some tests done over the next week. Was having strange irregular heart beats and some pain in my shoulder. What next?? I hope it is just stress, plenty of that going on. All my numbers are great and I have a resting heart rate in the mid 50's....it is a puzzle. But, it looks like another good reason not to drink.

Even when I am feeling a bit off, you here give me such hope. Don't know where I'd be without you.

nat
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Top of the morning (barely) cats and kitties!

beautiful sunny cool day in the high desert. yesterday was in the 20's when I got up at 5:15 eeeeeek!

Pepper congrats on 10 AF, great to have you on our team. and yes by all means get support wherever you can possibly get it...this is a play for keeps game! nothing is more important than our health and happiness.

great to see you all!! be well friends
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey everyone. Just checkin' in before I leave to work for a couple days. Didn't want ya'll to think I hit 30 days and left. I'll be back late Friday, so will probably sign on Saturday. I'm feeling strong and have no doubt in my mind that I will not be drinking during this time away.
                        Everyone have a fabulous few days and stay strong!
                        When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Hi, new here and not sure how this all works. I am day 5 AF and aiming for at least 30.
                          Kiwi

Comment

Hi Kiwi
                            Welcome to MWO and to the abstinence thread. Congratulations on your 5 days, your on your way to a better life!!!....Read, post, ask questions..you will find alot of support here.......
                            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                            X