Thursday Oct 16 daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Oct 16 daily

I?ve been up for hours and this is my first chance to sit down so it?s looking like a productive day.

I have been pretty stressed lately but it?s sure nice to muddle through with out all the trappings of al. The easier road is not necessarily the better road I have found.

As my sober time passes, I?m continually amazed at the clarity of mind and spirit that has been achieved. I have had a lot of personal growth and I am thankful for it. There is no way I could have handled my daughter?s issues bombed out of my mind. The MWO support is key, thanks!

BTW, daughter is still at it, caught her last night. I made her get on the scale and plan on an EOD weigh in. I hate being so intrusive but she just does not understand how serious this is. She hates the child psyc?.she is a very private kid, but there are no options now. Lordy, no wonder my chest hurts.

Be well my friends, nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Thursday Oct 16 daily

OMW: Sometimes being parents means we have to do things we don't feel comfortable with...it isn't easy. You ARE doing the right thing by keeping the issue out in the open & monitoring her activities. Keep at it. You're doing the right thing.

Sometimes I wonder how I even functioned while I was drinking heavily. I think you just get accustomed to it & push through. Is that a way to live life? Now that I've experienced sobriety, I'm not in bliss all the time, but I do have that clarity you spoke about.

Last night we went to a friend's home to watch the debate. Again, everyone was drinking but me. Again, I noticed that normal drinkers drink so little. One small bottle & about two-thirds of a large bottle between 5 people. I could have consumed all of that myself. It's so good for me to see normal drinkers drink. It just underscores my own lack of control.

No drinking for me.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thursday Oct 16 daily

OMW
      What's a mother to do???....Sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place with your daughter, know wonder you are stressed!!!...I agree, this sober road is not always easier, but you are there for your daughter, offering her the help she needs with the psyc, and one can only hope she can see the seriousness of this weight loss and decide to address it....
      I've been up for hours too, my intent being on catching a little morning news, then jumping on my eliptical......that didn't happen...kinda just vegged with my morning coffee...Lordy, I need to get motivated, disciplined or something!!!!
      Off to work, everyone have a great day...
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Thursday Oct 16 daily

OMW: You are a good role model to your daughter as well. That is excellent.
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Thursday Oct 16 daily

Good morning fellow abbers,

Just wanted to report in this morning and say hello. OMW, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate--but you are right that it is much better that you are there to handle it sober. Just keep plugging on as best you can with the realization that AL wouldn't help a bit. I am struggling with my son (7) who is ADHD with many behavior problems due to his father and I splitting up and his father's lack of involvement in his life. But you know what things between my son and I are soooo much better when I'm not hanging out with AL--I have much more patience.

Mary, I know about the normal drinkers drinking so little! I look at them thinking that is just a warm up for me...a six pack would just be a starter, an appetizer if you will. Sick isn't it?

Charlee, I've just started this week getting up at 5am to workout. So far I've nailed it 3 days this week and I'm getting a cold so that doesn't make it any easier. This morning I actually cursed my alarm! My only advice is to just start and tell yourself you only have to do it for 5 (or 10) minutes but then you usually keep going and finish.

I hope you all have a good AF day!
          Pepper

Comment

Thursday Oct 16 daily

just got home from 9 hours of driving today. whew! I'm a big muscle cramp.

OMW, Mary, Pepper, Charlee, great to see you all here.

i was invited to a cocktail party tonight but decided to drive home instead. always nice to be home and heathy.

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X