Hi Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

Hey everyone, I'm back at MWO but I'm only going to post in a few places from now on (avoiding general discussion!!!). I'm feeling a lot better than I was.

Hubby and I took a long weekend in the mountains and had a serious talk about our drinking. We haven chosen October 18 (tomorrow) as our final drinking day ... it is our 10th wedding anniversary. From what I have read about shedding addictions, most sources seem to say its best to choose a date rather than quit cold turkey. So, I guess I'm here to state my intention.

Meanwhile I have been taking the Topa and am up to 75 mg a day and I believe it is beginning to work as I don't feel like drinking much ... I mean I do psychologically but it doesn't taste good or feel good when I do so I haven't been drinking much.

I feel like I am SO done and actually I'm looking forward to Sunday. I've been "done" for a while, but now I'm REALLY done ... does this make sense? Its been a slow process and I expect it will continue to be so but I'm drawing a line in the sand. Hopefully I am finally strong enough.

As for hubby, I'm worried that he won't last a week, but we'll see. He's still in denial about his own drinking, partially because he still goes to work/functions every day ... but I'm noticing his drinking increasing lately so that worries me too. His Dad was an alcoholic and his parents divorced over the fact, though he was the youngest so I'm not sure he was aware of the damage done. I get the feeling that by the time he was old enough to sense what was going on, his father had sort of "checked out" of family life and just sat around after work drinking his beer and listening to his music in the garage. He was Finnish and therefore not given to much talking or displays of emotion. So, all this makes me worried -- but as we all know, everyone needs to find their own way out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my husband and will support him all the way, I'm just saying I'm prepared for the fact that he's not at the same stage of commitment as I am.

So for our anniversary we have a reservation at our favorite restaurant, but being the last night of drinking I won't be using it as an excuse for a blowout ... hopefully. Frankly I'm more excited about eating yummy food!

I'll be around on the monthly abs forum. This is what I aspire to.

Cheers!
    Lisa

Hi Guys

Spot ... the spot is in THE SEX area!! Fuck your brains out and tell us HOW good it was!!!! :h

Comment

Hi Guys

Nice to see you again. It seems as if you have a plan, the execution is the hard part, lol. I wish you good luck and I'll just bet that you can do this.:l
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi Guys

Ripple........anyway beat him like a dirty carpet !!!! Ha! IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Guys

Sounds like a great plan, Spotty. I love your name. Anyway, have a wonderful meal; a few drinks and have a toast with hubby to celebrate your sober futures!

Comment

Hi Guys

All the best to you and your hubby,spottydingo.

Star x
            Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Hi Guys

Have fun spot,

nat
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks for those of you with supportive replies. This is why I came back to MWO because there I realize there are some good people on this forum. I will check back.

Ripple: I really don't appreciate your comment nor the PM you sent in the same vein. I left MWO for several weeks because of this type of crap. Please do not PM me again. This is a place for healing; if you can't be nice, go away. And if you're drinking, don't post.

Comment

Hi Guys

spotty, love your signature quote ~ very well said! Welcome back!
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Hi Guys

Hey Spotty welcome back! You sound good and positive.
                    How is doggy? Last time I heard from you he wasnt very well?
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Guys

hey there S/O,

thanks for asking about George. yes, the Spotty Dingo is much better ... we thought he had slipped a disk in his back but then our regular vet looked at the x-rays (as opposed to the emergency vet) and wasn't sure if it was an actual slipped disk. it's been about 5 weeks now and we're taking it slow on the activity level, but he's back to some ball catching. the big thing is that he needs to lose weight and though i've cut his food down a lot he keeps sniping the cat food no matter how vigilant i am!!!

Comment

Hi Guys

Hi Dingo, glad you are back! If this place were not so helpful in so many ways, it would be... intolerable! I hope you'll focus on the positive, and stick around. I keep telling myself the same thing, and it seems to be working...

wip

Comment

Hi Guys

Spotty -

Congrats on the decision, and I understand what you are saying with being done with drinking and BEING DONE with drinking. Takes a while to finally make that distinction, no?

Congrats to you and hub about the decision and about 10 years - both big accomplishments.

Good luck, God bless and welcome back.

Figi

Comment

Hi Guys

Spotty,
                            Congrats on the Anniversary and on deciding your quit date. Don't think too much about your hubby's committment- go into this for you and you alone. It sounds like you have made your decision and that is worth "all the tea in China", as the saying goes. I hope you stay with us and let us know how you are doing on your journey...I look forward to getting to know you better. Kriger
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Guys

Glad you're back Spotty! Sounds like a good plan. I liked to pick days - just had trouble sticking to it, LOL.
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X