PDA

View Full Version : Mod Squad Sat 18/10

boozehag
October 18th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Hello all Modders to come today
Its Sat night 18th here and I will probably be in bed by the time y?all get moving. I survived my trip in the plane even though it was the teeniest tiniest plane I ever saw ? it was called a tom tit so that?ll give you an idea how small it was - it only took 6 people including the pilot and it most definitely didn?t have any arm rests!. It was so small you had to climb on the wing to get in. I was hyperventilating ? and I prayed to every god known to mankind. It was very lucky I was wearing my nappy! Had a great few days away with 5 other girls. We stayed in a holiday house (they are called baches here) right next to a surf beach and we walked, talked, swam ate and read books. We tramped through the bush to a natural hot spring coming out of the ground and we lolled in that for ages marvelling at nature. We lit a big outside fire at night and sat around it wrapped in blankets talking about life and bitching about the husbands. I will try and upload some photos if I can Great Barrier Island is such a beautiful spot ? not to be confused with Great Barrier Reef!. Both myself and one of the others had given up smoking since last time we went a year ago and she said with not smoking she was drinking way less than previously. I was first to bed for a change and after I had my allotted two glasses of wine with dinner I didn?t need or want any more. A miracle indeed. Anyway nuff about me glad to see we have a few more in our mod squad and look forward to getting to know you all. Have a good weekend.
BH

startingover
October 18th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hey BH, your holiday sounds amazing. I am very jealous (not of the plane though :o) Sounds like you did great on the modding too! I think holidays can be difficult to stay in control but they are much better if you do!
Have a great day all to come and see yas later x

boozehag
October 18th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Hey starting
Yes it was amazing and all the more so hangover free and smoke free. When I think of all the good time I wasted being wasted. Still no regrets better late than never.
You sure are an early riser. I love being up early these days. I used to be on my way home the time I get up now.
Glad to hear you got nice weather today so have a good one. Catch you later
BH

DeeBee
October 18th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Yay BH, you're back and in one piece.

The holiday sounds bliss, can't wait to see some pics. Well done with the modding. Holidays are tricky as there is so much relaxing time it is easy to loose track, so job well done.

Welcome back, we've missed you:-)

DeeBee
October 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Morning Starting, well it's just gone afternoon now.

What you up to this weekend?

Sunbeam
October 18th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hi all,
Just my a.m. log in. I am supposed to be at the church in 10 min., and I still need to dry my hair, brush my teethe etc. Be well, enjoy the day!

DeeBee
October 18th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Happy weekend!!

I have got lots planned this weekend, I must keep myself busy and away from AL.
My parents and my sister are coming up today to spend the night with me. We are going to dinner and then the theatre, which I am really excited about as I love any sort of live performance. We are going to watch a tribute to the King (Elvis) & Queen (Freddy Mercury) so it should be a foot tapping eveing.
I am planning on having ONE glass of wine at dinner and then my Mum and I will have a nightcap of Cape Velvet. My Mum does not drink AL at all but she loves Cape Velvet so it will be a treat.

Vladster, you must be relieved the week is over with? What are you up to this weekend - anything interesting planned? BTW what has happened with your car... is it fixed yet?

Peri, did you get a good night sleep last night? How is peri-menopausal peri-winkle today?

Lila, I can relate to being embarressed to ask for help financially. When funds are tight with me I hate even asking hubby to chip in I used to earn a whack of a salary but I gave up the job to be at home for my daughter as I used to travel extensively. And although it was my decision, hubby was keen for me to do it and now I have a great job that doesn't pay as well but he still seems to think that I am a money tree.
How are you doing today? Today is a new day, new goals.... get the Kudzu out.

Gyco, I read on another thread that you are still mod - great job!! Now come back and visit us.

Sun, good on you for recognising when you're tired your mod rules don't apply. The HALT accronym works well for me when that hits... I check to see am I HUNGRY (that's normally the case) ANGRY (not often) LONELY (I often replace lonely with BORED) TIRED (not often the reason).
Grape pie sounds interesting, do you buy it or make it?

Hi Starting and Ducky, what's news?

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 07:34 AM
hi everyone

So, BH, where are you in the world exactly? A small plane would have scared me!
Hi DeeBee - yes, staying busy is probably important. I was home for the day yesterday at about 3:30, and automatically had a beer, and then a few...glasses of wine. And I didn't even feel good. It was like I barely felt it, and just felt yucky inside.
I can't even imagine grape pie! It sounds strange to me, honestly!
Sunbeam - did you say you were going to have an AF weekend? Maybe I will try that. One thing about 'a few glasses of wine' is it sure wastes a lot of time!
Lila

vlad
October 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Afternoon Squadron! BH (funny, for some reason typing Boozehag doesn't feel right) - your holiday sounded great. Everyone here seems to have a busy weekend. Me too, in fact got to go and prepare the laptop for tonight's church service, then I think I might go for a walk before we go. We always have food after these Saturday services, we're taking samosas, pakoras and spring rolls. Oh yeah, my car isn't fixed yet, they've inspected it, will get an estimate Monday for the work.

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
SO where is the Mod Squad today?

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I guess it is time for me to go study...sigh!

DeeBee
October 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hi Lila,

Studying on a Saturday - that sucks!

I'm just killing a bit of time before we have to get ready to go out tonight... I'm quite excited.

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 09:29 AM
That sounds fun! It is pretty early morning over here - I am feeling a little fragile and all. I am going to plan on being in chat later tonight. I guess these boards get quieter on the weekends. I should study!Last night I kind of couldn't. Because of the wine.

vlad
October 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Deebs!

DeeBee
October 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Heeeeeyyyyy Vlads!!

What you up to?

Sunbeam
October 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Lila,
I guess I'm a moderate moderator. My goal is to just be an occasional social drinker. For the past few weeks I've been drinking mostly just one day per week, on the weekend, and I want to drink less. I had planned to go AF two weekends ago, but I was not successful. Last weekend we had houseguests for 4 days, with wine at each evening meal - I was restrained in only having wine two days. Now I again want an AF weekend, and I believe that this time I will be successful. I keep all of my drinking data on Drink Tracker, for the world to see. I use honest glasses, 1 drink = 5 oz. wine.

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
You sound like you are doing really well, Sunbeam. I am going to try that prayer again today. I just put up most of my storm windows, planning to get my reading assignments done today. Tell me how things go for you.
Maybe I will also listen to the CDs, if I can find my earphones. Did they work for you? Are they a help?

periwinkle
October 18th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi mod squad! I slept in today, and didn't get to the computer right away. I'm in mtn time zone so it's later here than for most (all?) of you. It's just 10am here.

DeeBee mentioned peri-menopausal peri-winkle. For any of you who might have missed that it was a post I made yesterday about this whacky hormonal time for me. It's worse than puberty or being pregnant! I really cracked myself up for the rest of the day though when I said I was going to start a thread and call it peri-menopause by peri-winkle.

Boozehag (I love that name) it sounds like you had a wonderful time with the girls and congrats on your moderating.

Well I must get off this forum now. I have birthday gifts to wrap and a special little boy's b-day party to go to today. How exciting!

I love this squad by the way, it's fun to oget to know people.

peri-??? :H

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
hi Peri, and anyone who is around - how old are you, Peri? I am just curious because I am almost forty. I am having kind of a boring day, just reading for school, and every time I finish a chapter, I look at the site. Lonely day for me today. Things I have to do that I am only half doing...

vera-b
October 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hello Squadron!

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good weekend. After work yesterday, my boss and I went to an art showing by a fellow church member. She's in her 70's and the art is ok, but the greater thrill was her appreciation that we showed up to support her. It was at the clubhouse of the condo complex where she lives, and it was so nice to see her feeling so proud of her art. We bought one painting for the office (I work at the church). Low key day today. Did some much needed cleaning in the attic - feels like I need to really tackle some closets next. Amazing how much stuff we tend to accumulate.

Hubby is cooking steaks on the grill tonight, and have a new cabernet to try. One of the things I have found with modding is that I've become very particular with my wine. I drink my glass or two very slowly and want it to taste really good. Before, the taste didn't matter so much. After the first glass, I didn't even notice the taste. I think it works that way with food, too.

DeeBee, sounds like you're doing very well with hubby out of town. The performance sounds like it will be so fun. And Lila, I strongly recommend the cd's. They were a big part of my working the "drinking brain" to form new, healthier habits. Still use them from time to time. You mentioned you're going to school. Are you working on a degree? Are you near the end, or just starting out? I remember working on my MBA at night when I was first married. It was so hard to discipline myself to study when hubby was relaxing on a weekend.

Anyway, hope everyone - Starting, Sunbeam, Vladster, BH, Deebs, Lila, and Peri-menopause (I mean winkle!) has a terrific weekend. If I've missed someone, my heartfelt apologies. :h

Vera-b

periwinkle
October 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Lila, I'm 48 and have been doing the hot flashes for a good year or two now. I often wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet cause I've been sweating. The good thing about it is that I don't get cold when we go camping at 10,000 feet anymore :H.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be watching the Broncos tomorrow.

peri who?

Lila
October 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
That sounds so lovely, Vera, steaks on the grill, hubby, all that! And that mod is working for you. I have noticed my big trigger is being alone. But I have always craved being alone. Maybe I need people more than I thought. Peri, yikes, how is the menopause thing? Yes, good you can camp!
I did half my reading, will keep reading into the night...Sarah Palin is on SNL tonight. I am planning on watching it. Last night I watched Into The Wild. Has anyone seen it? I thought that kid must have had a psychological problem. As much as I totally respect what he did, up to a point.
Anyways, I unpacked more boxes, and at least one room in the house looks like a normal room, all respectable, not like a tornado just hit.
Maybe later I will go into chat.
Lila

Sunbeam
October 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi all,
We are back home from our outing - a lovely but cool day.

Lila, I never got around to ordering the CD's, though I believe that a meditative piece is important in order to regain control over drinking. I have used prayer, but never had the right words. I think this kind of mantra prayer is just the ticket for me, just keep saying the same words over and over again.

Deebs, we got the grape pie and some beautiful gourds. Concord grapes have a skin that is easily removed by squishing them, so it's easy to use just the insides to make the pie. Removing the seeds is more difficult, which is why I don't make these pies myself. Actually I don't bake much at all right now. I have in the past, and may again in the future.

Vera and BH, Periwinkle, and anyone else I've missed, glad to have you back here with us.