Sat Oct 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat Oct 18

Tops of the morning ABerooos far and wide!

hope your weekend is a glorious and healthy one. I'm so happy to be home with Dx this weekend and just enjoying NOT driving anywhere

weekends are tough but YOU are tougher! Mary, howd your dinner party go?

sober blessings to you all my friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Sat Oct 18

Hi All
    A nice start to a great day.Neighbor stopped over with his dog and we enjoyed watching him play with our dog.Simple things can be enjoyed especially with out the haze of a hangover.Nice and calm on the bay headed out for some kayaking before the wind picks up.
    Everyone enjoy the day and like they say in the ring keep your guard up at all times.

Stay Strong and Keep Fighting

AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Sat Oct 18

Last night as I fell asleep, something occurred to me. Going to bed sober has no strings attached. I may still worry about life?s challenges but not about a hangover. I don?t worry about waking during the night with sweats, racing heart and not being able to fall back to sleep. I wake in the morning feeling rested and ready to move.

No strings attached is pretty darn good!

Good to here my fellow abbers are so far so good!

Mary, hope your party was fun!

Great weekend to you all!, nat
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Sat Oct 18

Hi Determinator, Caysea, and OMW,

I am having a hard time this morning. Having an argument with my bf. I thought going sober would right things between us but maybe that just isn't so. Still determined to stay sober though, sitting here drinking my coffee.

Best to you all for an AF weekend.
        Pepper

Comment

Sat Oct 18

Hi All: The dinner party was great. Great food, great company. No problems. One trick that I'm finding works for me is to have my husb buy only enough wine for the guests. When I drink, the amount has to be upped considerably. When there is only enough for the guests, I'm not included.

Have a great weekend to all.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Sat Oct 18

Pepper, excellent to hear your conviction of spirit even through a tough time. being AF will seriously help but life is still life! Hang tight

Mary, good plan. I'm precisely the same way....my idea of a nice wine "tasting" would have been about three bottles (just for me).

just got back from a loverly morning at the shooting range. Happy to report that I'm nice and steady....hard to shoot with the shakes!

weeeeeeeee
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat Oct 18

Hey, all, sounds like everyone is doing well, even with the bf thing not so blissful. I'm home from a short business trip, it went well, I had the opportunity to refuse wine at dinner, just a little bit difficult, and of course I keep wondering, what on earth is difficult about turning down something I hate so much, etc. But we all know why. And it doesn't matter, it just matters that we keep saying "no."

Det, I have my grandfather's "Colt Automatic Pistol, Calibre .380 Hammerless," circa 1930 or so, in its original box (box a bit tattered) with its original instructions etc., in the box. The weapon itself seems to be in good shape. The slide is kind of hard to work, but no rust or anything. Do you think it's worth anything? Would it be safe to fire it? I guess I should take it to a gunsmith?

wip

Comment

Sat Oct 18

AWIP, I'll pm you some follow up questions to figure it out.....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X