Oct. 19 - Sun. - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a busy weekend, but I don't like to go wo/contributing to or starting the daily thread. I'm finding that the AA theory HALT (don't get too Hungry, Angry, Tired, or Lonely) applies to me...especially hungry. When I go beyond mealtime & am really hungry, I automatically start thinking about drinking. When I get tired, I'm trying to stop & rest, instead of just pushing myself along. Those strategies seem to work for me. I'm not naturally angry & rarely feel lonely, but the hungry & tired aspects definitely apply.

We're going to a club for folks of Italian descent tonight. There's a potluck of Italian food & of course, wine. I, however, am finding that I can be in the company of drinking & not feel I have to as well. The more I do that, the more comfortable I become. I'm thankful for that.

Take care, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Happy sunday ABomatics!

Mary thank you for the strong start. Great to be able to enjoy a formal meal without being preoccupied isn't it? I also agree with the HALT ideology. makes perfect sense to me.

not even sure what I'm going to do today, but staying home and enjoying coffee in my slippers is working out pretty good so far

be well my friends....and don't ever hesitate to reach out for help. that's why we are here!!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
    X