Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Morning all modders
    Just thinking. Maybe we should do a weekly mod thread rather than daily and that way we might get some continuity with chatting about things. Seeing as we are on different time zones its a bit hit and miss. So far we have NZ (me), South Africa (Dee Bee), UK (Vlad) and then the rest of you lot in the US we are not online at the same time very much. Anyway just a thought.
    BH

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Yes I like that idea. I see that it is Monday morning where you are but for me it is 3:20 in the afternoon (still Sunday). No wonder I often feel like no one read my post! I'm the last one up!

I know I'm the newest mod squadder but I'm for it!

periwinkle
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Fine with me. Maybe I would spend less time here, which would probably be a good thing.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Hello Sunbeam and Peri
        Rural New York and New England! Must be beautiful right now. It is fall as you guys call autumn isnt it. Its spring here and weather is getting really nice here - still a bit of all seasons in one day but temperatures are up to about 20 degrees during the day which is nice for walking and that. Would love to hear about what it is like where you guys live.
        BH

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Sounds good to me. Is the idea that we'd only check in occasionally during the week rather than daily? The thing I like about that, if I understand the change, is that so many times I have nothing really to say on a daily basis and it hardly seems worth the keystrokes. Yet, I don't want my fellow modders to think I'm not interested. So, I'll check here this week for updates and hellos. Thanks BH - good point about all the time zones. It's not quite 6:00 in the evening here, and still Sunday. Always knew you were 'way ahead of me!

Vera-b

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Hi vera b
            I was thinking we would still post daily or whenever but just on the one thread so we get a weeks worth of stuff and that way we can kind of chat about stuff rather than just post into thin air and not knowing whether anyone reads it otherwise we might just give up eventually.
            BH

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

you mean a thread that just goes on and on? that might be nice. Or does it have to start fresh every week?

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

this checking in less frequently stuff makes me nervous...you guys have helped me thru a rough weekend, and I am feeling so much better now. I am taking vitamins by the handful.
                Does that sound like a guilt trip?

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Dont panic everyone. All I meant was that with a daily thread and the weird time zones we are on its difficult to carry questions or chit chat from one daily thread to the next or for me to know which one to post on seeing as i will always be a day ahead. And seeing as there is only a handful of us at this stage it just seemed maybe we could get to know each other a little better with some continuity. BUt I didnt want to cause any confusion. Glad you are feeling better Lila. Now where is that Vlad wan when we need her!
                  BH

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

And dee bee too of course.
                    BH

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

goodmorning BH and all the Mod Squad
                      ONE beer last night, and I wasn't even that into it. Kudzu, supplements, and this forum. Today, I 'should' get more supplies, but I am actually thinking maybe not!
                      For me it is Mon 20, maybe I should've started another thread...what did we decide? I will go along with whatever.

Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Good Monday morning mod squad,

Lila, glad to hear that you only had one beer last night. What other supplies are you waiting for? I've been taking the kudzu and L-glut for a couple weeks, but started all the supplements, my topa and hypnotherapy cds yesterday. AF yesterday and I'm feeling great today!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

periwinkle
                        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

I am not waiting for any - I bought most of my stuff at the health food store. Kudzu from this site, as quality does vary. What is L-Glut? I have never taken that. What are cravings? Something in your body, or mind? Because for me it is just in my mind (maybe for everyone, I don't know)
                          I am glad you are feeling great - I am too! Not sure why, but there it is!
                          Lila

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Lila, some people make a distinction between what they think of as "physical" craving for a substance, as opposed to "mental" cravings, or desires, for a drink. Actually, there is no difference. When our bodies "want" or "crave" something, that experience is translated by the brain into mental phenomena that we give names such as "craving" and "desire."

L-Glutamine is a substance (precursor of an amino acid) that appears to help some people with the experience of "craving."

wip

Comment

Mod Squad Mon 19/10

Thanks, wip, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe I will try it. That with Kudzu might be very powerful, as kudzu is great for me. Actually, what I originally had meant by supplies is that tyranny of making sure I have enough beer or wine in the house. So, to not buy any...and then when evening rolls around...maybe I will stop at a health food store - I hope it is cheap! Somewhere I read on these boards it helps with sugar cravings as well.
                              Maybe it is just the good mood I am in today, but my tummy has gotten soft over these past few years, and I am excited about the inevitable losing weight (I look relatively thin, but am mushy) and maybe I could start taking walks again. Right now I do no exercise, just living my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X