Mod Squad Weekly Thread 20/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked BH's idea, so thought I'd start a weekly thread today to make it clear. I think Monday is a good day to start the thread, yeah I know it's Tuesday but I wanted a thread with the word 'weekly' in it. I'm fussy like that. Everything has to be just right.

So this is this week's weekly thread - I've even given it yesterday's date. It makes sense as there aren't many of us.

I made a comment about me steadily drinking 2 beers a day and only getting a day AF here and there every so often. Well, last night was AF. Amazing. I resisted asking hubby if we could get some beer. I thought to myself, I've drunk the last 3 nights, I shouldn't... and stayed put.

Have a great day everyone.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Hey Squaddies!
    Vladders was worried bout you yest! But heard you were just busy. So glad that everythings going well for you. You are SO very lucky that the modding is working. Dead proud of you you know.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Starts - how are you doing? How's your mum?
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Mum seemed better today thanks. She still cannot manage her dog back but her breathing is easier and she seems more positive. Its me who has gone down with a lurgie now :-)
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Starts and Vlad. THanks for starting this thread. I just made me some coffee and ran to the computer. Yesterday I only half a glass of wine, I almost didn't but then I did. Sigh! I may try the Drinktracker. Maybe today I will find some L Glut!

I will check in a bit later!

Lila

Comment

I almost didn't even have that wine - it was just pure habit, not even a craving just then, I could havejust as easily said no.

Comment

Hi There, you Mod Squad peoplesss....Vladdie is very wise to have this thread going.As I read it, my heart feels warm and fussy.People helping people MINISTRIES, no matter what your goals are, we support each other...
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Squad,

Yes I also like the idea of a weekly thread.

Nothing too exciting happening in my little world - busy eating muslie and yoghurt for lunch??!!

Vladster, great job on being AF last night. Although I have been on target since I've been back from holiday I am NOT happy with what my drink tracker looks like so I am getting in as many AF days as possible.

Lila, you also did a great job on only having half a glass... old habits die hard so give yourself a pat on the back for a sucessfull mod evening last night.

Hey Evie and Starting, I love that there are so many AF-ers supporting us on this thread.

Hey, where is everyone?
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Oh and Happy Birthday DeeBee!

Comment

DeeBee;447605 wrote:
                    Vladster, great job on being AF last night. Although I have been on target since I've been back from holiday I am NOT happy with what my drink tracker looks like so I am getting in as many AF days as possible.
                    It doesn't look as bad as mine.

Comment

Happy Birthday, DeeBee! Are you doing anything exciting today?
                      EvieLou thanks for visiting us here!
                      I HAVE to get offline and study for a midterm.

Comment

hi Modding People!

I've struggled and been up and (mainly) down over the past few years with AL but am ever hopeful that I am now modding sensibly - can I join you??

Bx

Comment

Vlad,
                          I find it helps to REALLY pay attention to how you feel after drinking or not. So...think about it. How do you feel after a night's sleep without any alcohol?
                          Clinical studies show AL interferes with your deep REM sleep - even one drink. I read somewhere that
                          because of that people should really give themselves a break so they can get proper sleep, e.g. every other day if you could so at least you get one good night's sleep.
                          So...how do you feel?
                          BTW-I refrained from the 1 glass of wine I was struggling with. Had a hot bath and sure seemed like a good idea with the candles, etc. to slowly be sipping that glass. Have something coming up on Thursday though and would far rather have the one glass there if at all so my goals are helping me.
                          ODAT-every day
                          Morning everyone and welcome to any newbies to our wonderful support group.
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome MM!

Comment

Eve11;447795 wrote: Vlad,
                              I find it helps to REALLY pay attention to how you feel after drinking or not. So...think about it. How do you feel after a night's sleep without any alcohol?
                              To be honest, I've not noticed a difference, but just recently I've been dreaming about AL again. 3 nights in a row!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X