Oct 23 Thurs Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I'm up at O Dark:30, so I get to start today's thread.
    Top of the morning to everyone. Since I quit drinking (it's been just over 30 days), I've turned my addictive behavior over to food. Despite tracking my calories and doing daily workouts, I stuff tons of sugary junk down my throat. I'm not one of those "self help seekers", but I must admit, I'm now curious about a website on Overeaters Anonymous. Anyone got any ideas? I'd love to do the simple solution of just not having it in the house, but it's something my husband insists on keeping around. Before I quit drinking, I could go days without eating some of his treats. Now, they stare at me, call my name out, until I give in. Crazy, huh?
    Well, I'm going back off in LaLa land. Chat w/ ya'll when it's closer to sunrise,
    MM
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Hi there MM. for sweet fix, why not try fruit?. nature's sugar..(as i'm sure you well know?) good for you, less fattening and damaging to internal organs, mind, anxiety, nervous system etc.. and ,more!... Well done on 30 day's!.. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

not crazy mom,the body shuts down,does not want to eat,somthing in the chemistry,our body ,AL,hahahah,your not alone,when i stopped the last time,the doc put me on pills,he was not worried of wt gain,just the drinkin,i ballooned from 155 to 210 pounds,he wasnt worried of a massive hart attack either,well i was,hahhahaah weight watchers,lol.now a trim 175,antonio bandarassssss,hahahaha look out,gyco

Comment

to bad i dont no how to post you ladies and maybe men wood,hahaha droooooool hahaha

Comment

MM: I too have a prob w/eating when I stop drinking.

I have a few busy days ahead. I want to enjoy my life, but sometimes I over-plan. Fatigue can push me back into drinking...something I don't want to do.

I've been saying my mantras:
          -I'm a non-drinker.
          -I don't drink.

They help me stay focussed & hopefully change my brain chemistry.

Mary

PS: I'll try to check back later.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning all
            When I stopped drinking I expierienced that need for sweets.. I was ok with it then, I knew it was my body calling out for the sugar, but ho-hum I let that turn into a nasty nightly ritual.....My stash is hidden, and once again I get the "hubby mumbling" about having all this crap in the house...double ho-hum....Hubby is not a drinker or a lover of sweets. Kudos to him on his self control.
            I know I need to apply the same tactics as when I stopped drinking.....Get it out of the house, and stop buying it.....triple ho-hum.... I've yet to do it.......I still come up with the same excuse...I deserve it, something I look forward to, and now that Halloween is right around the corner what a perfect reason to have it in the house....Could be worse, but I have gained 5 lbs and am spending a fortune at the dentist....Will I ever learn?????....Probably not.....
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning all,

MM, I know someone who went to OA, I will try and write about it later today. I have a BIG love for good dark chocolate though a bar lasts me a week...I use it as a special treat.

I have meetings this morning/early afternoon and another tonght (stress), gotta get outa here asap and this is looking like a really bad hair day.

later all, n
              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

BTW...Gyco, you're so naughty
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi, Everyone.

I am up and at 'em working today.

My nasty relapse is way over, I am feeling great and saying the mantras Mary.

Hope all have a wonderful day.

I am feeling positive today and it is great.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey OMW, let me know if you talk to your friend about an OA as I'd love to hear about it.
                    I had a user dream last night: I went to dinner with my husband and had a glass of red wine with my dinner. At the time, I was savoring it, until I realized I blew all my sobriety. Aghhhh!! Thank goodness it was only a dream!

Comment

Cindi: I do think the mantras help. The AL voice is so strong sometimes, & it's creepy how it comes out of nowhere. I use the mantras to counteract it. Also, coming here to this thread helps as well. I b-sat for the younger g-son whe the AL voice reared its ugly head. Out of nowhere & for now apparent reason, I thought about drinking. I didn't, but I thought about it. I did say my mantras to myself, but I must admit that coming here really cleared my thinking up. I think it's seeing how strong you & others have been that did it.

Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

terrific thursday ABerinos!

thanks for the nice kickstart MormonMom. sugar is a convenient trap for us indeed and while it's not like al (thankfully) it really does wreak havoc on our body and mind. I have now found that over-using sugar will result in nightmares not unlike those I had when I was drinking a lot....hmmmmm??!

L-Glutamine in a dose of 6 to 12 grams (no MG) has been shown in trials to not only curb al cravings but also cravings for sugar.

and the fruit idea from Guitarista is a winner. mind you we don't have fruit like they do in Oz but I get a big bag of fuji apples when I shop now as I eat those as my evening afterdinner snack. along with nuts. yummy.

Cindi, so glad you are ok. Please feel free to PM if you are ever in a bad spot ok?

be well friends,
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Cindi: I too can receive PM's here at MWO. Just an additional note about the AL voice: I find that procrastination works. If I put off doing anything about obtaining AL etc., the urge tends to go away.

Mary
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Thank you Det and Mary,

Some days things are great and awesome. Others, the brain does the constant chatter, chatter, chatter. It is very frustrating.

But, hey, I am sure it is like this for everyone. I just need to figure out what tricks to use to get past it!!

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I wish fruit cured the craving, but haven't had such luck. I just bought some 100k snack foods for that quick fix. Det, can you buy L Glutamine tabs at a store?

Comment

Working...
                              X