Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's play pretend

How harmful is a little make believe?

Let's pretend we are sisters and we can call each other (and answer the calls) every once in awhile, just to see what's up.

Let's pretend we are more than the sum of our bad habits. Then we can love each other for just being ourselves. You won't have to be an 'alcoholic' and I won't have to be 'wendy whiner'

Let's pretend we have super powers. You can be a talented writer who can captivate people's imaginations with your prose and I can be a talented painter who can captivate people's emotions with my paint brush.

Let's pretend we are brave and then we can go out and get the kind of jobs we enjoy. You can teach inner city kids while writing a brillant novel and I can get out of the insurance biz and help people discover themselves through art.

Let's pretend Dad was right and that life really is hard by the yard, but a cinch by the inch. Then we can just focus on take little itty bitty BABY STEPS towards becoming the people we feel we are deep inside.

Let's pretend we have a little Mom in us. Then we will be strong and creative in how we solve life's problems.

Let's pretend we aren't really mad at each other, but just hurting. Then we could let go of all this anamocity, and let the healing begin.

Let's pretend we don't have to be perfect or 'fixed' to be a family. Then we wouldn't have to hide from each other anymore...we can imperfect together.

Can't we just make believe all this is true?

...I love you.
Working...
X