hhaappy halloween??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hhaappy halloween??

i feel a little weird always posting saying how many days sober i am now.
    life is so busy at this point that i don't have time to read the boards and offer support very often.
    tlrgs... i saw that u've made a year. this is FANTASTICO!

good for u!

today is day 118 AF for me.
    i do need to keep reminding myself of where i am in this game of survival.

everyone keep hanging in there.
    i am only starting now to see a bit of the reality of all i've been missing over the years.
    and i'm starting to feel that life isn't so difficult to cope with when it is looked straight in the eye.
    at least the life i am faced with these days.

tonight is our Halloween party and the adults will surely be indulging in spirits.
    i will not. and i will not shove candy in my mouth all night as a consolation prize.

good day all.

hhaappy halloween??

Nice to see you again, 1967. So happy to hear all is well, your AF dates just keep climbing! Enjoy the sweets tonight, there are so many wonderful treats that taste wayyyyy better than booze.
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

hhaappy halloween??

67.....go have your fun at the Monster Mash ! Just stay away from that other mash Ha! IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

hhaappy halloween??

party went well and i wasn't even tempted to drink ... at all!
        and it's good for me to see other people indulge... makes me feel like i'm not missing anything!

good night to all!

Comment

hhaappy halloween??

How was the halloween party 1967 ?? Hope it was good for you.... Did anyone notice you abstained?
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

hhaappy halloween??

1967, I remember when you were new and in chat. I am glad you have been so successful. What do you think has allowed to be AF and positive?

Comment

hhaappy halloween??

well... CS04... i think i was able to stick to it first of all because i started when i didn't have to go to work for 2.5 months. so i avoided a big trigger, stress. and i avoided my 'drinking routine."
              then, after about 8 weeks i was really happy to be able to think clearly.

after i got back to work and things got rolling i was so tired! i couldn't imagine how i managed the year before?
              i also started to notice i was handling my reactions much better. things didn't 'freak me out' as much as they used to.
              i think more clearly, i am more effective in my job, things are just better.... not perfect, but better.

also, when i think about drinking, which i do, i always think 'oh my god i don't want to start again."
              it was far too hard.
              the first 6 weeks sucked. i don't need a re-run to remember it.

i'm still counting. this friday will be 125 af. all good i'd say. my friends are all surprised! (me too).

Comment

Working...
              X