Small steps right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small steps right?

Hi all. Well, I am hoping to get some sober time under my belt here. I am starting today and would like to make it just 10 days. Small steps right? Any tricks would be helpfull. I plan to let my guard down and eat what I want for a couple of days. I usually substitute cranberry juice in my wine glass - any other tricks would be great. - Overall, i am really nervous about the holidays - the parties- and the drinking. Today isn't over yet but I am going to count this as day one, and continue to post every day. Thanks for your support and any feedback.

Small steps right?

SS, this is great place to be... cranberry juice in the wine glass is a fav of mine!! I really just like my wine glass. Good luck on your ten days, drink plenty of water. omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Small steps right?

Hi SS,

Good luck on your 10 days, you can do it! Do you have Kudzu or L-glut, they help a bunch with cravings.

And yes...small steps
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Small steps right?

We are all nervous about the Holidays.. the site will be overloaded with posts.. good luck with the 10 days.. ODAT

Comment

Small steps right?

SuperSunny, what a great name!

Are you taking any suppliments? I found the L-Glut, Kudzu and 5-HTP really help me, along with a whack of others.

Well done on starting your journey.... you won't regret it!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Small steps right?

you will be fine you have a great start your here with us gyco

Comment

Small steps right?

Welcome, Sunny! First "trick" I'd recommend would be to read the MWO book to get an idea about this program, and also to spend some time here reading posts, asking questions, telling us about yourself and your experience with alcohol, and generally getting to know people... you'll find a lot of help and support.

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Small steps right?

Hi there Sunny... how are you travellin'? My first day af here today. About to go to bed... was a success. (so far). Congrat's to you for taking af step. Hope you're doing well...Take care, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Small steps right?

Sometimes its a good idea to try a different activity at the time you would normally pour the first drink, I wasnt able to do that at first, but I have heard it's good to break the correlation between the activities one associates with drinking...

Make sure you have the same amount of juice in the house as you would of the drink you normally imbibe.
                  ie 75cl of wine (1 bottle) then have a litre of juice in (or more !!) or 2 litres of wine, beer etc then have enough soft drink in the house to measure up,so you feel you have drunk the same amount...

It's these kind of small but simple tricks that help the mind break the drinking habits....

Good luck with this

Heavenly
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Small steps right?

Sunny: We're all worried about the holiday season, & we've all been (& still are) where you are. My most important strategy is to come here to MWO (especially the 30 day abs daily thread) on a daily basis. Good luck, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Small steps right?

Supersunny,

Yes, small steps. Then you can figure out how far you want, need, or will go AF. Many here have started in the exact same place you are now. I know I did, 15 months ago. Good job with day 1 AF.

July

15 Months AF

Comment

Working...
                      X