DAILY THREAD: SATURDAY 10/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Yet another morning I get to start the thread. I started to sign on to yesterday's and thought to myself, "I can't believe how many people have already responded!" Then it hit me: that was Friday's thread. OOPS!
    So I noticed, that very few of us come one here during the weekends. Everyone is caught up in their lives. Which is a good thing.
    I started the morning out with a GREAT run! Had to get up at 5:00am to do it, but without a hangover, I had no problem. I'm enjoying being up this early because the kids aren't screaming my name out yet, or trying to push extra keys on the keyboard.
    I've had a good workout regimine going on for almost a month now. I feel real good about it and am wondering if the absence of AL is helping me stick to it. I also noticed something else peculiar: when I workout, my face gets REALLY red, and it takes a while for the complexion to go back to normal. Well, since I quit drinking, I don't get that anymore. I'm always afraid of turning into one of those alcoholics with the really red nose, full of pock holes. (No offense if anyone ready this has already reached that). It's just something I've thought about over the years as my face gets rosier and rosier.
    Okay, enough rambling. Have a GREAT day! Make the most of it. And KEEP COMING BACK!!
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

happy Saturday ABeroooos far and wide

wow MormonMom, up at 5 for a run is fantastic! i also notice that my body feels a zillion percent better working out without the heavy burden of my favorite poison. Everything just works better without al. simple as that.

this hotel has a starbucks IN the lobby. wooooo! that's where I'm heading.

off to work.....be home this afternoon. yeah!

be well friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Absters:

A quick hello. My g-son is coming, & we'll be taking him to a halloween party. I try to check back later or tomorrow. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Good am all
        Hi det and mom.Great to hear about the run.One of the common treads that many people have that have managed to be successful in this fight is getting involved in a physical activity.Even if it hasn't been in your life in the past try something that might be of interest.It is the kind of lifestyle change that benefits you both physically and mentally.Tennis has pushed out the drink in my life.I now am thinking about my workouts the way I used to plan my drinking. Just remember you were never to tired to drink or didn't have any time to drink sssooo find something you might like and
        JUST DO IT!!!
        Also it is fun which we could all use in our lives.
        Ouch I just twisted my ankle getting off the soap box
        Have a great day all and do something fun

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Morning all
          Just a quick hello......at work right now..5 more minutes to go!!!!
          Hoping everyone has a great weekend!!!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
          X