Mod Squad Weekly Thread 27/10/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe another week has gone by and we are nearing the end of the month. I always find the last three months of the year just fly by.

We have such an awesome Squad here, I love this thread! You guys rock!

Well I am off to the airport to pick up hubby just now, I can't believe how 2 weeks have flown by and I have coped on my own... thanks to the program and everyone here:l

Happy Monday Squad, here's to a new week!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Thanks for starting this week's thread Deeb's. Think the weekly idea was a great one. I struggle to post much these days but will get on whenever I can. Not sure what these next few weeks will bring... we are hoping to go away next week to Fuerteventura, but a family member is very ill and it's uncertain whether the holiday will happen or not. Also celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this Friday - hope to go out to our favourite Chinese restaurant. And just remembered that it is a year since my last major slip. Last year, we went to Poland for our anniversary, I drank too much vodka and well... you know the rest, there's no point in discussing it.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Morning,
      I hope everyone's Monday morning is going well. Vlad - it's been a great year for you then, since it's been a year since your last major slip - awsome! and DeeBee excellent 2 weeks for you on your own. That would for sure be difficult. I feel safe when my husband and son are around. I started my modding this weekend. Did not go over 2 drinks Sat. or Sun. Went out Sat. with hubby and two parties on Sun - had one beer at each party and drank very slowly, but I had such a feeling of control. It was kind of strange - in new territory. Have a lovely day.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Great job J-vo! And DeeBee, if my hubby was away, I know I'd have been very tempted to get that bottle of vodka.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning everyone! What a weekend for me, phew. Glad it's Monday so I can get some rest.

DeeBee;452888 wrote:

Peri, a new 'puter, lucky lady!!
          Oh sure after all the tears! It's kind of like moving isn't it? It was all weekend saving files, loading programs, the old printer isn't compatible with the new computer, shop for a new one, lug the old one out, set up the new one, replace all the files, why won't the work program work?! You know all that crap! Well I think it's ready for Monday morning now anyway.

periwinkle :nutso:

PS Vlad, I still don't know what a balalaika is. But I still love the word.
          Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

good morning Modders!
            and good job being on your own, Deebs, it is a big trigger for me. I don't know why. I am ashamed - yesterday I forgot why??? to take Kudzu and I had just more to drink than I should have. The kids were gone, I was inside getting stuff done I had to get done, and then there I was...I did have a nice evening, and I wasn't drunk...still,
            on a better note, the house is getting more in order, am unpacking more boxes, got my homework mostly done, it is my focus on the program that is not great. but why???
            Lila

Comment

Great job J-Vo on the successful modding this weekend - great feeling isin't it!

Peri, a new computer is always a bit of a ball ache to set up but think of it as a spring clean - I know there is loads of stuff on mine that I need to delete.

Hubby is back... loaded with presents lol! So the afternoon is being spent just chilling on the couch and catching up. I'm getting NO work done today, so tomorrow will be the beginning of the work week for me:-)

Has anyone heard from BH lately?? I am starting to get concerned!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Lila, maybe you just need to give yourself time to settle into a new routine? You have had a lot on the go this month so be kind to yourself .... today is a new day!

Comment

Hi All,
                  Wondered if a new thread had been started so was not only glad to see it had been but that so many responded.
                  Love the fact that we're from all over the world with the different things we post. Vlad where and what is
                  Fuerteventura? Also, I don't know either what the Russian instrument you play is (sounds like A Greek dessert LOL) Enlighten us!
                  Lila, I was disappointed once when I went over my limit but was glad I wasn't drunk so that's a plus.
                  Just keep plugging away like the rest of us.
                  DeeBee - glad hubby is back. That's always been hard for me when hubby is gone - was so easy to use that as the excuse to drink. Things have changed and I'm glad about that.
                  Would love to send a personal note to everyone but realized I've got to run - workday for me.
                  Will write more later - have a good day and here's to a great week for all of us.
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Evie!
                    Is your day just starting? Crumbs, it is 5:30pm here so I must logg off soon now that hubby is home we must get back into the habit of 6pm no 'puter and TV.... family time:-)

See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Fuerteventura is here:

and this is a balalaika:

:H

Comment

Oh, you have to laugh...

Man drives drunk to protest drink-drive charge - Yahoo! News UK

Comment

Happy New Week Modders!
                          It is dark all the time now in the UK. Dark in the morning and dark in the evening. This time of year my drinking used to escalate. Not this year tho!
                          Have a lovely day all!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi all,
                            StartingOver, I love your tag line. Life with us in charge, not AL, is a wonderful thing.

Vlad, we watched Dr. Zhivago (again) recently. I think that was the instrument he had from his mother.

j-vo, glad you're feeling in control. When I came off my 2.5 months AF, I was wondering if I could be one of those who goes quickly back to where they were (drinking). That didn't happen for me, and didn't happen for you, but there are numerous posts here like that. A little scary.

Periwinkle, I spent part of the weekend re-entering the address book on our new computer - so thrilling (not). Both machines are crowded currently on one desk, because there is stuff we are using in each one.

Deebs, that stretch in August when I drank 5 consecutive days was when my husband was out of town. Several other things also happened that week: my mentally ill sister took a nosedive, and I didn't have the structure of a work day because I was only working two days per week over the summer. Anyway, things are great now.

Lila, I guess sometimes we can only focus on one big thing at a time, and for you that is probably getting your house in order. I began my AF time in late January - not much going on at that time of year. Have you made a list yet, of all the things you hate about drinking to excess? That really helped me get started.

Eve, always good to see you here.

Take care, all! My husband just got home from the store, and we are going to take our (mostly) daily walk around the block with the dog.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yawn, Vladster's going to bed. Was just reminded of why I hate that Borat film. And now I hate it even more. Apparently the people of the Romanian town of Glod (where it was filmed) were told they were making a documentary. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Comment

Working...
                              X