Let's try this again! Goal: 2 days AF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear lord this is hard! , Anyway, first three days of my 10 day AF goal - didn't quite go as planned. However -they were also not bad. Day 1 -AF, Day 2 - 1 beer, Day 3 - four glasses of wine and a beer. Anyone seeing a pattern here?:H

Well, i refuse to beat myself up about this. My new goal is 2 day's alcohol free. -I think ten days is just to much for me to wrap my head around - I should have listened to my own advise when i posted my first "small steps right?" thread.

I will say I feel pretty good physically - mentally I am still up for the challenge. I am going to try to exhaust myself to day by getting in a good work out - that always helps because i have an easier time falling asleep - and less desire to drink.

I love you guys, you really are the best support and having this community of people is just amazing.:l

Nothing wrong with baby steps. Two days is a great start. :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Good for you, keep posting, and let us know how you are doing! Exercise always helps! Be sure to eat right, too.

Comment

supersunny;453431 wrote: Oh dear lord this is hard! , Anyway, first three days of my 10 day AF goal - didn't quite go as planned. However -they were also not bad. Day 1 -AF, Day 2 - 1 beer, Day 3 - four glasses of wine and a beer. Anyone seeing a pattern here?:H
        :l
        Had a good laugh about the day one, day two etc....It sounds like my tale.

Also makes me think of one potato, two potato.:H

Sunny, one day at a time. You will make it, it's not easy but your 10 day goal is attainable. Make a sobriety plan; think of things to do when you would normally be drinking. Go to bed early. I have found if I tank up on water, the urges to drink are not as bad. Unless of course one of my kids drives their car through the garage door or something to that nature:H

Hang in there!!
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

SS: Sometimes I take my sobriety (AF) one day at a time (ODAT). Sometimes I get so nutty, one hour at a time or one minute at a time is the only way to do it. Keep trying, don't get discouraged. It isn't easy, especially in the beginning or after a relapse. Just come back here, tell us what's happening & try again. Think of all the bad stuff that happened w/drinking & all the good when not. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Supersunny,

Take two, scene one, roll film. Go get those AF days, they are waiting there for you to be lived.

July

Comment

I agree, one day at a time. Think in the morning - AF today don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow. when tomorrow comes, do the same thing. I haven't got past that to try to have longer goals just yet. I just started this a couple of weeks ago. Went 9 days AF then slipped on a weekend. When 4 days and slipped again on Friday. Here I am on day 4again. I'm taking it ODAT. I do have a goal but seeing your post made me realize I probably shouldn't have done that and I should stick with ODAT for now. I think I read somewhere that you should start out ODAT and set longer goals once you get some real time under your belt. Makes sense to me.

Comment

just do your best and keep on going stay strong and think positive
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Made it though day one - just fine. My plan for today (day 2) is to get in a good work out so that I am tired at night. I think today is going to be a good day - a successful day.

My main problem will be if my hubby brings home and al -- I think i will call him at work and ask him not to.- shouldn't be a prob, he is not the one that brings it home on the week days (that would be me) but I have kind of gotten him in to a routine so...I think that's how i will deal with that.

I look forward to posting a successful post tomorrow (2 of 2)and also to set a new goal for my self.

Thanks for your support!

Comment

frances;454261 wrote: I agree, one day at a time. Think in the morning - AF today don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow. when tomorrow comes, do the same thing. I haven't got past that to try to have longer goals just yet. I just started this a couple of weeks ago. Went 9 days AF then slipped on a weekend. When 4 days and slipped again on Friday. Here I am on day 4again. I'm taking it ODAT. I do have a goal but seeing your post made me realize I probably shouldn't have done that and I should stick with ODAT for now. I think I read somewhere that you should start out ODAT and set longer goals once you get some real time under your belt. Makes sense to me.
                    It is funny because you think - oh ten days is nothing, but then - you realize, you need to take baby steps. - Thanks frances- it feels good to know other people are there with me!

Comment

Hi sunny just read your thread . I know its an AA cliche but just do it one day at a time, if you try to plan to many days it just becomes daunting ( I do speak from experience) . What caught my eye was you saying about the support here . I sooooooooooo agree been coming on here for a few years and the support is first class not been ofr ges but feeling don and need some support so came straight back on as I know i will never be let down by this wonderful community. And once again take it one day at a time and in time the days become weeks then months. The best of possible luck

DD xx

Comment

I am 158 days AF, ODAT to me is the only way, a craving only lasts 3 seconds, when you feel it, call a friend, walk, do anything, as long as it takes yr mind off of the AL.Surround yourself with the people who love and support you, even if its the people on MWO, the advice here is wonderful, we all relapse, but you learn that life without AL is sooooo much better!!!! No hanging in the morning and feeling crappy most of the day, we become nicer more relaxed individuals, people respect us again, be proud of yourself. LOL
                        Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X