Pomegranate Cheesecake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pomegranate Cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350?F In a mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar. Beat until combined. Add 1 egg; beat well. Beat in 1 1/4 cups flour until combined. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate one portion.
    Spread unrefrigerated dough half on bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan with sides removed, spreading dough to edges. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely. When cool, attach sides of pan. Press chilled dough onto sides to a height of 1 3/4 inches, using a thin metal spatula to spread dough.
    Reduce oven temperature to 325?F For filling, in an extra large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in the remaining flour on low speed until smooth. Add remaining 3 eggs and 1 tablespoon vanilla all at once, beating on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream, the lemon peel, and 3/4 cup of the pomegranate seeds.
    Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 65 minutes, or until edges are puffed and center jiggles slightly when gently shaken. Remove from oven. Stir together the remaining sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the baked cheesecake. Return to oven; bake for 10 minutes more. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from the sides of the pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool completely. Cover; chill 4 hours or overnight.
    In a saucepan bring pomegranate juice to boiling. Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, until reduced to 1 cup (10-12 minutes. Stir together brown sugar and cornstarch; add to juice. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Transfer to bowl; cover surface with clear plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Store, covered, in refrigerator until serving. Use to top Pomegranate Cheesecake.
    Remove the cheesecake and the Pomegranate Sauce from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Pile remaining 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds in the center of the cheesecake. Pour most of the sauce over the top of cheesecake; It will spill down the sides and that is ok!!
    "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Pomegranate Cheesecake

AK....is'nt the Pomegranate really sour......Ha! The recipe sounds yummy though ! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

Yummy! Thanks for sharing :h
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

Ak, that sounds really good.

I seed a pom into a bowl of water, the white pithy stuff floats, the good stuff sinks. I drain off the water and munch away.

I will try this one this weekend
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

That sounds sooo good!

Didn't know about the water, I will have to try it.
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

AK, About how many poms do you need to render 1 1/2 C of seeds? What is your guess?
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

well if you remember the "how much is a cup theory?"...no seriously...I just use the seeds from one pomegranate no matter how many and make them work appropriately. More on top or in the middle, it just depends on how many I get. You don't have to add any on top if you don't want to. It is beautiful with just the pomegranate sauce even.
              "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

And yes they are sour, like cranberries, but the sour is a wonderful contrast in the cheesecake and you don't taste the sour at all.

Comment

Pomegranate Cheesecake

I was at a Whole Foods last week where they were sampling poms, and a gentlemen was telling that he simply cuts them in half and uses a wooden spoon to constanty hit the pom until all the seeds come out, haven't tried it yet though

Comment

Working...
                  X