Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinich to the boiling water for the last 1 minute.

2. Cook and stir chicken and basil in a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.

3. Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzeralla cheese. Spoon into a 2 quart or 8 inch square baking dish.

4. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and bake another 3 minutes.

NOTE: I made the entire dish in the skillet on the stove top since my oven was being used for something else. I poured the pasta into the skillet with the chicken and sauce and let simmer, then added the additional cheeses on top to melt - didn't matter much cause family just mixed it all together anyways and not putting it in the oven did not dry it out......very very tasty, and so easy and quick!

Yummy! I use that web site also for recipes. Thanks for sharing.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Peeve, I read this yesterday, thought it looked good and easily adapted to gf....looked at it again today and realized it was you, I should have known. Looks really good and easy too. Thanks for the bread resources, n
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

On, yes, you could certainly adapt this to a gluten free receipe! Hope you all enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
        X