Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Halloween - Daily Thread

Hi Everyone:

I'm the first one to wish Happy Halloween! I hope all is well w/all of you. We're busy, but I'm keeping my abs & happy about it. We're going to my daughter's home tonight to celebrate Halloween & there will be a party. No drinking for me...just fun w/the kiddos.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Happy Halloween All !!! To celebrate here's a little Halloween song.,....IAD.[ame= ]YouTube - Boris the Spider[/ame]
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Morning Mary and all to follow:
      No drinks, but maybe some "sweet" treats?????.....Sweets, actually chocolate, have been my downfall since going AF. What started out as a need, I unfortunately let turn into yeat another daily habit!!!....Same chocolate, same time of day as the drinkie, and yes hidden away so I don't have to listen to hubby saying "you know its not good for you"....I know that!!! I am not to concerned about the chocolate itself, it is the amount I eat in one sitting....Shame on me......

I would like to say hi and welcome Christyacc to the abs thread, I see she logged on last nite, and as WIP pointed out, this thread seems to have alot of a.m. posters.

I hope everyone has as safe, happy Halloween....
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hey Everyone-
        Charlee, I have the same bad habit of eating sweets. But since starting to track my food/calorie intake on The Daily Plate (livestrong.com), I'm a little more conscience of how many I eat in one sitting. Thanks to the website, I found out that that one lil' mini Twix bar I ate was 70 calories!!! I was sooo bummed. I'm still eating too much, but it's better than drinking too much. Call it exchanging one bad habit for another, but I'd choose the extra munchies any day over Mr. Al.
        My husband, Mr. DH on a regular basis, has been getting on every lil' nerve and we all know what that triggers. It's not him, it's me. It's not his choice for me to have a drink, it's mine. But, boy! Have those thoughts been crossing my mind. I still feel very strong and am bound and determined to not give in, so don't worry. My 60 day goal is too important to me. I won't let him take that away from me.
        Anywho, sorry to get on a downer. It's a glorious day! The kids are excited about trick or treating. We carved pumpkins last night. And I'm looking forward to the Spring Ahead time change this weekend.
        Much luv and strength to everyone!!! :-)
        When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

P.S. Thanks OMW for the pm. I will look that book up. And my prayers are with you and your health
          When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Mom
            I hear ya with Mr. DH.....Hubby is always on my last nerve, and I have pretty much learned to roll with the punches, let him ramble, let it go in one ear and out the other...Love him dearly but.....
            This morning he said something which hurt me very much. I gave him one of my glares, told him it was time for him to leave for work (NOW) and said nothing. My thoughts of AL diminish with each passing day, but after that comment I felt a rush of "days of old" and couldn't get AL out of my head for the long while. It scared me to think of how quickly mind and body responded. The feeling passed, but these are the things we always must be on guard for...our reaction andhow we choose to handle it...I too, will let no one take my sobriety away from me. I will check out The Daily Plate, thanks for the info.....maybe I just should get rid of the chocolate!!!...
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning to you all!

Happy Halloween! MM, I'm with you on the sweets kick, and I'm not one who normally has a sweet tooth...I'm a chips and dip kinda gal. Funny you just mentioned the daily plate as I just started using it a few days ago. I was horrified at the calories I racked up Wednesday when I went out for Chinese--now that's scary! LOL.

Wishing you all a safe and AF Halloween. Oh, and btw, we fall back this weekend not ahead!

Pepper
              Pepper

Comment

WOW, it’s been a busy morning. I have so much to do…not enough time! We’re having a bunch of friends and family here tonight after the kiddies are finished with trick or treat….hopefully I can sniff out and boost a snickers bar or two. I’m a little concerned about the al tonight, there will be a bunch of it here. ALl my drinking buddies too. I bought a few bottles of af sparkling cider, I plan on drinking that. Keep telling myself that if I can make it through today, tomorrow will be easy, ODAT!!

Better get back at it, have fun, nat
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OMW,

I am wishing you the best tonight. You know you can do this, just concentrate on your AF time and how good it has felt. We are behind you and remember it's ODAT! Find yourself that snickers bar and make that your treat for tonight! Peace,
                  Pepper
                  Pepper

Comment

Spook-tacular Greetings ABers far and wide!!

thanks for the festive kick start Mary.

OMW, remember that by being AF you are setting a good example for the kids that are there. When you bend down to greet them they won't get a face full of booze breath.

Pepper, it's funny but I was always a salty snack kind of person too until I went AF and now I eat sweets like mad if I don't watch myself.

my dear Dx is out for a party but I just don't have the inclination. I'm going to be lame and just stay home.

be well friends and look out for "wobbly" drivers if you know what I mean.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Day 5..
                      Myspace Graphics
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I'm back.

As far as tonight: I noticed my daughter stocked up on my fav sodas. I'm not too concerned, as it'll be mostly beer drinking tonight, & that's not that much of a temptation for me.

As far as conflict (especially w/husb): That was one of my major triggers. My husb & I don't fight very much; however, I do react when he gets into bad moods or is down for some reason. I feel like it's my responsibility to cheer him up. One of things that I've been working on in Alanon is NOT taking responsibility for other people. It exhausts me mentally & emotionally, & we all know what that leads to.

Christy: Welcome. If you want to quit drinking, this is the place to be.

Other friends whom we have heard from in a while: Don't be shy or afraid to come back. Wherever you are, we've all (especially me) have been there. I hope I'm not belaboring this, as I know I say this frequently, but (without mentioning names) there are certain people that were very important to this thread.

Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Sometimes I'm soooooo daft.

Christy, A BIG ABBER WELCOME TO YOU!!
                          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi, Everyone,

It is 2:30 here and I am still not dressed!! This client is going to kill me, really.

I am making a big pot of chili for dinner tonight and after trick or treating the kids are coming over and we are going to eat chili, hot dogs, etc.

No AL in my house tonight, so no temptation. Yay!!

Hope all those who have to be around AL tonight can stay strong. I know how hard it is.

Charlee, the feeling you got is quite reasonable, don't worry about it. We drank for years to deal with those things, I imagine it will take years to replace the habit in our brain. You are doing so well!! I am so incredibly proud of you. :l

Christy, I will be looking for your post tonight. Hope you have fun with your little ghosts and goblins, too.

Love to all,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders, chili sounds good for tonight.... I hope everyone has a good time tonight, stay safe, etc.

wip

Comment

Working...
                              X