Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occaisonal Binger, Hate the Day After

Hello All,

I've posted here and there. Lurked. Joined an Abs event and slipped.

I binge, which is, in its own way harder and eaiser to get past than the regular kind of drinking, which I have been able to give up.

The nasty thing about binging is, once you get past that bad day after, maybe it takes a week, you feel like you can do it again. Its like the nasty taste dissapears, you've forgotten how crappy the next day was, because you wanted to forget right? You're through beating up on yourself, and you think, well, what the hell? I can let loose tonight.

Then tonight turns into a slovenly drunken journey. In an attempt to liberate yourself from the daily impositions of life, and be yourself, you become the opposite. A monster, a sentimental rag of a person, or the life of the party. And you don't even know what you must of looked like dancing in front of a bar full of mostly in control people. Stumbling, or crying on the shoulder of a stranger. Till the next day, and it hits you. What did I do? That's not me. Did I drive like that? You spend the rest of the day feeling stupid, berating yourself, and vowing not to do it again. You make promises to yourself and other that your done.

I've quit drinking as many times as I've had hangovers. And then, I feel a little better the next day. The next day after that I might be a little proud of my abstinance. A few more days go by, and wouldnt you know it, life is back and its stressful, and that wine glass looks so empty and wouldn't it be fun just to have a few?

Really, wouldn't it be fun to feel comfortable enough with yourself to not drink? I drink because I have social anxieties, boredom, and in general worry, worry, worry.

And more specifically, I feel a little wrecked by an ex. Or wrecked by the experience we went through. Nevermind the "we." He's fine I'm sure.

I had a man, in love, and completely in love with me untill....
    I got pregnant. He freaked, I was stunned by his reaction. I did what he asked me to do. I had an abortion. I'm 29 now. This happened nearly four years ago. I was due in August, 3 years ago. Since then, I've felt an emptiness that I have never felt. Its a resistance to let love in, and to love. Love myself I'm afraid. And other people pick up on that. They hold back too. I fill my void with alcohol. It all seems like a joke.

Add to all that crap that now I don't know what to do with my life. Nothing seems to fill this void. I got a degree in Art, graduated Magna Cum Laude. And now that I can't find a job with the kind of dignity I need to feel good about myself, I'm in school again for graphic design. And I don't know if I like that either. I don't know if I like anything besides getting buzzed, because that's when I feel "happiness"

I don't believe in God anymore. And I think most people are scum. Sorry folks, that's how I feel. Alone.

I feel a kinship with you people, however. I know how much it sux to go through the alcohol adiction/dependency. Whatever your reasons might be for drinking. I relate. I don't even know if I want to quit. I'd like to have control over everything, to the point of not needing anything or anybody.

I guess this is a bummer of a post. I guess its not just hating the day after, its hating everyday and not seeing much connection with other humans, in a nutshell.

Debbie

Dear Debbie,
    I generally very rarely read under this topic. Usually read under gen. discussion, the moderation thread, some others... ANYHOW, don't know why I decided to look here, but SO glad I did.
    You articulate so well the damn cycle we put ourselves through when we decide to go overboard. RATHER, it's not like we DECIDE to go overboard... it's like that subconscious animal beast that takes over and we are not ourselves any longer.
    Please stick around and read and post more.
    Please feel welcome here and know that there ARE loving and caring and wonderful people who do not pass immediate judgement.
    I hate the day after too. Used to be at least a couple times a week. Since Feb, I think I've had, I think 3 total. Big improvement, I'd say! Can do better, and keep at it, EVERY day!
    Take care, love Becca

Comment

Debbie, it's very hard to feel loving & kind... or much of anything....... after, being hurt, decieved, & abandoned.

Especially when it's by someone you love.
      People really do suck . Some more than others...

I thought that I'd met my soul mate about 12 yrs ago... We were immediately soo attracted, it was like magic! We had so much in common, we both loved to travel, dance, play music,river trips, just everything.... We lived out of back packs for 9 months at one time travelling thru Central America, & then to Kauii.
      We ended up going to the South Pacific, to get work on a sail boat, & crew across the South Pacific. I got pregnant... he got a job on a boat... and sailed away.

So, there I was in paradise... pregnant, alone, heartbroken,...that kinda sucked. I ended up misscarrying(in my tent after hitch-hiking back from the hospital!),they thought I had heartburn ...:rolleyes ... language barrier...?
      I do still have issues... I have emotional scars, but it gets better.

But then again, there's still some amazing people, that won't let you down.

Don't give up on the rest of the human race. There's still some incredible beings on this planet!

I have since met a wonderful man, who is showing me what it is like to have real love... I've got a lot to learn!:h

Hang in there honey... I'm so sorry for your loss.

Comment

We're here for you

Debbie,
        Please keep posting.
        Listen...I've been around since late Feb and trying my hardest to get on board. I've come a long way. Your story touched my heart. I by no means want to preach or sound like I know more than what I'm talking about but have you ever heard of Post Abortion Stress Syndrome? You sound like you are hurting so much. There is a website I just found: afterabortion.com and it looks like it has message boards etc. I don't know if that would also help. Please stay here with us too. We're all here to help and help heal one another.
        Sm

Comment

Re: We're here for you

Debbie,

You have touched my heart with your story. Your wounds are deep and I'm so happy that you have begun to reach out for help. We will help you and hug on you and just wrap our arms and hearts around you and love on you until you can begin to see and understand what has happened and how to heal from it all.

My sister-in-law had an abortion years ago and has gone through recovery through a group called savalife.org......they have a recovery group they call "Healing Hearts"...Go to savalife.org and then click on "what we can do to help you "and then "abortion recovery. "
          There is hope
          There is healing
          There is health...physical, mental and emotional after abortion

Please, please don't let shame or embarrssment stop you from getting the help you need and deserve.

We are here for you... Keep posting..
          Nancy:d :d :d

Comment

Binge days

Hi Debbie
            God, I just read my own story. I'd love to talk sometime. Im a binger, and right down to the ex and abortion you sound like me. If ever you want to chat to someone in the same boat and the same age well, im 27 lemme know.
            Frankie

Comment

Thank-you

Wow,

Becca, St. Jude, SM, Nancy and Frankie, thank you so much for your support. I was hoping that what I wrote would be a way to heal, and to let other know its ok to talk about the abortion issue. It was such a horrible thing to go through and it still haunts me, I feel a bitter numbness when I see children or pregnant women. I'm still waiting for that to go away.

You gals are right, women who go through that probably need to get some kind of counseling. It's awful to think anyone else had to experience that, and my heart goes out to any woman who's had her life torn apart by an abortion.

Thank god or someone for folks like you who take the time to write back.

I'm trying to get better. Here's to healing, and here's to strong women who support each other.

Debbie

Comment

I understand.

Debbie, I understand.

What a DEEP wound that is. Very un-addressed as well, so I want you to know I am here alongside all of your other paddling along new friends....

You have a TREMENDOUS gift of writing. Keep it up, and share as much as you will of it here with us.

:h

Allie
                What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Debbie, I also suffered the same story abortion in college, ex moved on, I moved out that was 11 years ago, I still think about it from time to time but really know my life would have be VERY difficult and disfunctional if I had made a different decision. Now, I drink ALOT maybe it's the loneliness, or maybe it's that I learned this behavior from an expert, my dad. This is the first place I have found that I can be honest about ALL of it! Haven't been here long but seem to spend more and more time here each day,l hope you can too! It really seems to help calm the "beast" if nothing else.......... be good to YOU.

Comment

Working...
                  X