Mod Squad Weekly Thread 03/11/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUH!! I just posted this on last weeks thread!

Vladster, I am so sorry to hear you sad news... hang in there, k! I am thinking of you. What a pity about your holiday, can you maybe re-schedule it for later in the month? I'm sure you can do with a break.

Sun, I just love your posts! You don't piss about, you say it as it is!

Becoming, send a pm to codemonkey or RJ and they will help you with the DT probs. Otherwise, how are you doing? 7 days AF.... great idea! I try for a minumim of 6 days AF everyweek so I am right with you this week. I defiently want my DT to look better than it did last month.

I think that is one of the things I have really enjoyed about my journey into moderation is I find my goals and ideas about modding are constantly changing... for the good. When i joined MWO my idea of mod was having two glasses of wine EVERY night and then 4 to 5 on the weekend. I have to laugh at myself when i think of that....

Anyhoo, let me get some work done. Got lots of last minute, annoying tasks to get done before I go away tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

hi dee,nc early thread,glad to here your doin so well,hang in there and have a good holiday gycoltr bed time again now

Comment

Hi Deebs
      Really enjoyed chat with you last night.
      I have taken your advice and will join this thread
      as I could do with the support here. My aim
      is to not drink during the week and allow myself
      2 glasses of wine on the weekend. Today was fine
      and I havent had any cravings tonight. It seems to
      help if I have a good dinner and I'm not hungry.
      On a funny note, I went to work and spoke with
      my South African buddies "howzit china" and Lekker
      lekker. Their reactions were so funny it gave us
      all a really good laugh! So thanks for the fun Deebs.
      Well I hope this week continues well for everyone.
      :lPan

Comment

ROFL Pan!!! You've just made my day!!
        Welcome onboard!

Your goals are the same as mine. I intend to have 6 days AF per week and no more than 2 glasses of wine on the weekend. The exception to the rule is a special occassion but only after i have given it some careful consideration.

Hey Gyco, great to see you visiting us! Sweet dreams.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

good morning
          I am glad you are joining the mod squad, panadol! Welcome!
          I am not feeling so great about my modding. I feel like my life in general is a little out of control. Today can be a new beginning, though.
          I am also so excited about tomorrow, voting day in the States. I can't wait.
          have a great Monday everyone
          Lila

Comment

Hiya squaddies.
            Vlad I am so sorry to hear about the bereavement. Thoughts are with you.....

Have a great day all of you...
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Doh, Deebs - I just did the same thing, was supposed to post this here!!!

Thanks for all your good wishes. It was hubby's grandad that passed away on Saturday. These next 2 weeks are going to be hard. Oh I wish I had more time for this site - I always feel I can't return the love and support I receive.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Duh...
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning,
                  I was just thinking about how much I learn everyday from you all. Things that I never thought of, ways to stay on track, and so many encouraging thoughts. It takes a team to win the game, and we've definitely got great players! Thanks for everything!
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Just bumping the NEW mod squad thread up!!!

Comment

Hi everyone!

I got a mail in ballot but put it off until today. Although there's not time to mail it in, hubby and I filled them out this morning and he will drop them off today at lunch time. So I voted today!!! Yea, it feels really good to vote.

I'm feeling really good and healthy today.

Good to have you with us Panadol! Austraila, eh? There are many places in the world I want to visit (DeeBee already knows that South Africa is up there on my list). But Australia is #1 on my list of places I want to see/things I want to do before I die. Sounds like you have some good mod goals in place. I look forward to getting to know you better.

periwinkle
                      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi all,
                        Welcome, Panadol. This is a great group.

Vlad, my sympathy goes to you and your family during this hard time. My parents died a little on the young side, and I will always miss them. I hardly remember my grandparents any more, it has been so long.

Take care, all. I worked all day, and out again this eve.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for your kind support. Hubby's grandad was 88!

Comment

Happy Monday squadron,

Vlad, I'm beginning to get the picture that you and hubby are in the under 30 set. My father just turned 84, so my fuzzy math says I'm probably old enough to be your mother. Oh my. I'm sorry for your husband's loss - while his Granddad may have had a wonderful life indeed, his passing is a loss nonetheless. Hope Grandpa is remembered with the warmest of memories.

Some days this group is like a warm hug, and today is certainly one of them. I am a little confused, Deebers, that you posted the date 3-11-2008. Did I miss something? I know we're not in the same time zones, but thought we were at least all in November! And welcome Pan - this is indeed a great group. Did some reading after work today which is always relaxing. Needed to get ready for my group discussions the next 2 nights. I'm trying to rebuild my brain cells that were compromised all those years of finding myself in a bottle. Lila, keep at it friend. Go for some AF days to get your mojo back. It really helps.

Vera-b

Comment

thanks Vera. I was looking at the book and I read about how wonderful topamax was, and then I look on this website and there were a lot of problems. I am not really focused on the program - too much going on, and all, well, I am doing some, but not as focused as I could be...anyways, if it is all as easy as the book says...well, I know this is not the topa thread, but any comments?

Comment

Working...
                              X