Monday October 3 daily thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, nice crisp, fresh morning and an extra hour to sleep!! Can?t beat that!! It was all going well until?..
    DH really got on my nerves?. Wish he understood what it does to me when he is that way, argh!!! We?re going to have a little talk tonight; much easier to get my point across when I?m sober?probably more convincing too.:H

Hope everyone is well, gotta run!
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Good morning!!!!!

OMW, I think he'd be a much better listener too.....when there's no slurring or swaying. It's not fun when they get to be asses sometimes!

It's a rainy day here but is to be a warmish week.....strange for November! I found that I was up earlier and actually feeling ok about it....another strange thing. I am normally pissy in the morning!!!!! I HATE mornings and that is normally my most chaotic time, getting 3 girls, 10, 8, and 6 ready for school!!!!!!!

I feel like today is going to be a good day......I am going to start my treadmill today as well! I joined Weight Watchers online as well! WOW! I am on a roll!!!! And I am on Day 20! WTH? Who is this chick? lmao!!!

Hope everyone has a good day and I will most definately check in before work....

Christy
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

Morning all
      I love waking up....No matter what the day holds in store for me, starting it off without a hangover is wonderful. I have been sleeping well, but even a lousy nights sober sleep is so much better than opening my eyes, lying in bed wondering "how hungover am I"...rolling out feeling and looking like crap!!
      I hope everyone has a great start to their week..
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I'm so glad everyone seems to be doing great this morning. OMW, what can I say? My DH makes me feel the same way. It's funny because I was reading the end of the day replies on yesterday's thread and I couldn't believe how many of us have the exact same issues with the hubbies. I guess it's just part of the growing process of marriage. It's all about working it out to make it stronger. As my best friend always says, "If we weren't married we'd be SO broken up right now!".
        So not to be the downer of the party but I'm having a shitty day. And had a shitty last night. No specific reason, just life in general. Havin' my own lil' pity party I guess. I wanted to drink really bad last night. Why? I don't know. Never made it to the actual point of wanting to get in the car and go get it, but it was nagging me; reminding me never to be over-confident.
        When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Good day all!!

Yesterday I got the garden cleaned out and some of my stuff put away for winter. Another task that used to always do with a beer in my hand. Was a little irritated that hubby has to drink beer when he does his weekend "jobs", but oh, well, gotta remember I can't do anything about that!!

I made and ATE 3 popcorn balls last night!!! Gotta get back on the healthy eating/exercising routine starting TODAY!!!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

MormonMom;459114 wrote: I'm so glad everyone seems to be doing great this morning. OMW, what can I say? My DH makes me feel the same way. It's funny because I was reading the end of the day replies on yesterday's thread and I couldn't believe how many of us have the exact same issues with the hubbies. I guess it's just part of the growing process of marriage. It's all about working it out to make it stronger. As my best friend always says, "If we weren't married we'd be SO broken up right now!".
            So not to be the downer of the party but I'm having a shitty day. And had a shitty last night. No specific reason, just life in general. Havin' my own lil' pity party I guess. I wanted to drink really bad last night. Why? I don't know. Never made it to the actual point of wanting to get in the car and go get it, but it was nagging me; reminding me never to be over-confident.
            MM--I felt like that too on Friday and Sat. There wasn't anything I could put my finger on, but was always there nagging at me....so then I had to nag at everyone else...god I can be such a bitch. My poor family.....I hope they realize I love them.....I just wanted you to know that I understand EXACTLY what you are talking about. I too even wanted to hop in the car, but, my husband would have disapprovingly said, 'I don't think you should do that', and me knowing in my heart he's right. I hope your day gets better, I got over my couple day funk.....I hope you do too.
            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Hello my Abber friends,

Charlee, I so agree. Waking up even after a bad night's sleep is so much better than waking up after drinking to black out. I don't care what anyone says, even my brain, while I am tossing and turning!! It is positively incredible to wake up morning after morning, okay, sometimes middle of the night, but I wake up and I don't have the headache, I don't have the body aches, I don't have the regrets. I have normal, every day, wow, I didn't get enough sleep last night but i am awake, I don't have a crushing headache, I don't have the morning after "cr@ps" :H I just have the, "I didn't get enough sleep last night," thoughts. However, unlike you, I still look bad. I look old. When the heck did my mom give me her neck?? :H

As for hubbies, what can I say? I love the quote: "If we weren't married we'd be SO broken up right now!" That is so darn true. However, I am quite sure they would say the same about us.

Christy and LVT, we will forever on sometimes have those "days." I have just accepted that. It does totally p!ss me off that I can never drink again. It does. However, I have accepted it. I understand it from an intellectual level but it doesn't help when the darned midbrain is yakking at us.

But, that is when our new "tools" come into play. We did, for many years, (some of us more many than others) deal with life in general by using alcohol as our tool. Today, we are using new tools. No, none of the new tools give us the immediate relief that alcohol gave us in the past, but the new tools do not damage our hearts, brains, livers, kidneys and more importantly, our souls. I can do the swap. I can take a bit of nudging and being a bit irritated, I simply cannot take the damage to my soul anymore. Not at all.

So, when hubby irritates the snot out of me, I get mad, I get irritated, I log on here and tell all of you. I don't drink.

Gotta run, plane is loading.

See you guys when I get to Toronto.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Well put Cindi...btw I think I’d get more enjoyment out of clobbering him on the head with a cast iron skillet than downing a really nice bottle of vino! I am saying this with a wicked smirk on my face:H

nat
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Top of the afternoon ABerooonies!

whew! what a nasty rainy snowy day. finally made it to my hotel in San Jose it already looks dark outside. oh well, no hangover, no real problem.

I see that today and the weekend has been challending for many, not sure but it seems to go in bunches like that. Myself I had a really disturbing drinking dream last night that started me off in an uncharacteristically cranky mood this morning. I spose I should go for a walk and eat something besides another sports bar. I'm starting to dread them but I get so busy during the days.

I promise to be more upbeat tomorrow,

be well my friends!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X