• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about Gina!

(This message was left blank)

It's all about Gina!

congrats

Congratulations on 39 days Gina, That's awsome! I think I had 37 last time I "really" got serious about quiting! And that included 21 days of inpatiant treatment- pretty sad really. I'm waiting on my Kudzu, hopin' that'll help get me started on a more serious level. Serious probably isn't the right word there, since I don't that very well! Maybe determined is a better way to go about it. Thanks & Hugs Judie

Comment

It's all about Gina!

Re: congrats

Gina - I really enjoyed reading your story. I too stopped drinking and did the "mommy thing". Once my youngest got into first grade that's when the trouble started. I think the key, at least for me, is to KEEP BUSY. Evening is the hardest for me, between the hours of 5:00 and 9:00. Especially in the winter. That and the weekends.

I am only 1 week today, but your story has inspired me to keep on going. I really admire you and your determination. You have been through a lot. I hope your husband is still supporting you. You deserve it!

Thanks.

Jane

Comment

It's all about Gina!

affirming story

gina!
        i love your story, as painful as it sounds. i relate to your experience, in particular, the part about embarASSing yourself in front of your child's school people. my first year teaching where i've now been for almost four years had me at a party with many colleagues and some families from the school. i showed up already tipsy, drank some more, got stoned, and was f'd up! when i went to leave, they suggested i stay a little longer, sober up. good idea, glad i did. but the next day, and for a while thereafter, i was so ashamed! the experience is still alive and clear in my memory, a reminder of what i never want to do again. and i haven't repeated it. my drinking went underground after that.

it's great to hear of your three children, the fact that they exist, that you could create them in spite of your challenges with drinking. i am just beginning to shed the fear that i won't be able to bear children because i've damaged my body too much. indeed, the bingeing wasn't good for me, but i am overall very healty, and destined to motherhood, i know in my deepest soul. thanks for your honest story that brings me hope. congrats on your many days sober!! i'm right here behind you, intending to keep my days of sobriety climbing up into months, years...

...though i do wonder how i'll handle it if i get my period when it's -maybe- "due" in a few days. ... if i drink, i'll forgive myself i hope. but i hope more that this happy joyous feeling of being alive and conscious overpowers the drive to drink in response to that potential disappointment. for now, staying positive and hopeful and rooted in a commitment to myself that i've been meaning to really make for years. >D

stay strong.
        onoclea

Comment

It's all about Gina!

thanks

Thanks Jane, Judie and Onoclea,
          It was as you said Onoclea, a cathartic experience. It's great you found this site before motherhood, Onoclea. I wish I had. Only, I know I was too immature back then to take on anything this big. Your body and liver can repair itself quickly in the absence of alcohol. Here are positive wishes and prayers sent your way for your ability to conceive a healthy baby to term. Keep up the great work Judie and Jane!! The support here is incredible!! Gina

Oh, and yes Jane, my husband is still supporting me after all I've put him thru. I think he is the crazy one!!!

Comment

It's all about Gina!

Re: thanks

Thank God for crazy Honeys! Just hope I can get it together, someday once & for all...I want to be someone that'll make him proud, (which I think I do, most of the time). There's just those other times when "I" don't even wanna' know me. Hopefully that's in the past. In the meantime, you guys are stuck w/ me !!! Aint ya feelin lucky? Hugs, Judie

Comment

It's all about Gina!

Judie

Yes, Judie, we are SO lucky!!! You're great! Gina

Comment

It's all about Gina!

Re: Judie

Mornin Gina, I think you're great too! Really enjoy your posts. My Honey thinks I have a new addiction--these posts! Could be worse tho...Don't we know! Amazing I'm alive after some of the things I've put myself thru. Guess it's true, we're never given more than we can handle. Just feels pretty close sometimes huh? G'Day, Hugs Judie

Comment

Working...
                X