A thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought

A thought?. people come and go from this site. They mod or ab a while, then fall back into the clutches of AL. It is my greatest hope that any person/s in that position would understand they are always welcome here.
    I am not perfect, I have tried and failed so many times, and in that failure I know I am not alone. This journey is a day by day trip. One day at a time is the best we can do. It is a little easier to do with understanding people to lean on

With that said anyone and all who've been lurking and hesitant to post, please do.

Enjoy this beautiful day!!

nat
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

A thought

Nice one, nat!!! :l

Indeed, there are no failures here as long as people keep trying. We all failed initially, after all.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

A thought

I would agree, you only fail if you quit trying.

I tried to quit on my own for years, then spent six months here with MWO, then the next six months with a combination of AA & MWO before it finally took. I look back at some of my old posts and I was trying to be so brave - but I was also so damn scared it wasn't even funny. But, I kept reading, kept posting, and little by little in finally sunk in.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

A thought

Bear used to say that to me. "Cindi, just keep on trying. You only fail when you quit trying to quit."

Bear was a kind and gentle soul who knew what this fight was about.

Whatever it takes, people. MWO (my favorite home group), AA, rehab, Lenair. Whatever it takes.

Never quit trying to quit.

Failure is not an option.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A thought

bumping this up cause i mean it!!
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

A thought

OMW, you do seem a little inspired today! Keep up the great work (and watch out for that car door)...
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

A thought

I am inspired!! I wish I could bottle the way I feel. Good from the inside out. Rested, hydrated, clear headed and more. It is not easy to get here but well worth the fight!

Miss you abbers who are on sabbatical.

Comment

A thought

OMW: Thank you so much for this thread. I've said just this a few times on the daily thread. We absolutely must keep trying...otherwise (speaking for myself) I'm doomed to failure. I've slipped & gotten back into line many times over. I KNOW I'm going to an abstinent person some day. The slips have taught me valuable lessons. I can't imagine what would have happened to me wo/MWO.

Anyone out there who might be lurking: please don't feel embarrassed or ashamed. Just jump in here & share.

Star: It was wonderful to see your avatar. Keep coming.

Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X