Hope I make some friends here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just so amazing to me - women connecting with other women who have this secret, hidden problem. I've been reading all the posts and hoping that I fit in and can start talking with people. I'm a highschool teacher from Cape Cod. Looks like I have a charmed life, albeit a demanding job. I have a hobby I love - my horse and trailriding with friends. But those friends don't know the real me and that I drink a bottle of wine every night. I live in a resort area - can get to a gorgeous beach in 2 minutes. This is where I "think" I'll get myself back. I have so little ambition and so much resentment. Just want to be me again. I know I'm rambling but I just didn't know where to turn - knew AA was NOT for me - didn't even entertain the idea. Nothing else was helping - all my resolve and guilt feelings. I'm hoping to get started soon. Don't have an appointment with my Dr. for 2 weeks for the Topa but I am excited to get going with the program. Hope others will chirp in and get to know me. Em

Hi Em,

Welcome to MWO! Hey, there is a thread on the General Discussion board right now called "Calling All Teachers". You should check it out. There is even someone else here that is pretty new as well who also likes horses.

Well, you certainly are not alone in how you are feeling, that is for sure. Many of us here did not like the idea of AA, myself included. This program has pretty much turned my life around with the help of the great people here and whole lot of determination! The same can be true for you.

Keep reading and posting. There is plenty of support for you here and really, it is like one big family! Again Welcome, and best of luck as you get started!

Donna

Comment

Hi EM
      You are welcome here. Friends will happen!
      It sounds like you live in a beautiful place! I love the beach but don't get to go very often. It's about a four hour drive from here (central Alabama).
      Do you teach at a public school? Please don't "grade" my post.... I hated school as a child, but now I wish I could go back and do it again! I did a master-gardener class a couple of years ago and loved it. We had professors from Auburn U to teach it. We did have "test" ,but everybody passed! My kind of class!:happy
      :d :d
      Nancy

Comment

Wecome Em!

Sounds like you fit in just fine--and there are plenty of folks with stories just like yours....keep reading and posting on the other boards and we'll all get to know each other better!

You might want to download the book and consider getting CD's and supplements to really get going on the program even before you start with the topa....the more of the program you use, the more chance you have to make it work!

Lucky you--I love Cape Cod!
        :h
        best, susan

Comment

Thanks all, for writing. I can see that there is tremendous support here. It's funny because the last time I saw my psychiatrist (for effexor) I told her I wanted to cut down on my drinking. Of course, I lied to her about the amount I drink but when I see her for the topa I'm going to be honest. I also told her I really didn't want to go the AA route. In the back of my mind, I was envisioning something like this and then, wow, I stumbled on MWO. It seems amazing to me.
          Yes, I teach in public school. It's difficult but rewarding too. I'm do appreciative of the time this summer to get in touch with my drinking issue and to get started on the program without having to be in front of teenagers all day.
          I am really getting into gardening too. Never thought I had a green thumb but I love having flowers. Em

Comment

Hi Again Em,

Boy do I feel silly! I hope I don't get a bad grade for not doing my homework! Here I tell you to go check out that teacher thread in GD only to find that YOU started it!! :lol

Ayway, when I went to my doctor for topa I was pretty nervous about telling him about how much I had been drinking so I know how you feel. You are right, best to be honest! I sure hope your appointment goes well! Best of luck!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
            X