Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to tell

hi everyone

Like twanyfrog i'v read the posts all week and i had posted a couple of times but hadn't shared my story. I think it was because i didn't know where to start. At the beginning.But where was the beginning???
    I'v known since I was three years old where i wanted to spend my life. My favorite toy was a squeaky toy kangaroo with a joey in it's pouch. whilst growing up in Scotland i had always been fascinated
    with the wild life in Australia. The closest i felt i could get to Oz was to have an Ozzy pen pall. My fortune changed when i met my hubby, a lovelly ambitious man with a good heart.
    I was a lone parent when i met him. We had my daughter,two little boys and an other on the way when one day my hubby came home from work and told me the great news. He had the chance of a great job in Australia.We jumped at the chance.
    We arrived in Oz in 99 with three young children and a 6 week old baby Thats when i my drinking started. I missed my family and friends,my hubby had to work long hours,it took me months to find my way around and my confidence was flat line.the stress of having 4 kid and being left on my own as much was horrendous. So Friday night was my night sit in front of the tv with a bottle of wine and destress.That worked for a while and then it was Saturday night as well. To cut a long story short i now destress every night of the week with a bottle and a half of wine.
    Like many of you do or did. I arrange my life around my drinking. The phone used to ring a lot but hardly anymore.I don't go anywhere and don't want friends to know what i'm really like.
    What happend to my beautiful Australian dream?The nearest i get to the great out doors is my back yard and even then thats a bit fuzzy
    lluf

need to tell

Oh lluf,

I bet that took guts to write. But I promise you, having taken that first step, today could be the start of the rest of your life. Keep reading, keep posting, embrace the programme and take all it has to offer.

I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found this site nearly five months ago.

Reclaim your dream. It never really went away. The booze just clouded it for a while.

Welcome. We will do whatever we can to help you along the way.

Tawny

Comment

need to tell

lluf
      Good for you! You've taken the first step to recovering your life from the deep black hole that drinking can dig. And you're still young enough that by the time you're my age (59) you can have made some amazing memories with your hubby and kids. That and my grandchildren and my faith in the God that never let go of me (even when I was in the pit )are what I live for now . Life is never easy, but we are not alone in this and there is help all around. My favorite prayer on some days is "HELP HELP HELP"..... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
      Somehow it gets through when some of my fancy ones don't seem to!:rolleyes
      Hang in here and reach out where you are and you will be healed!:d :d :d
      Nancy ...much :h :h :h

Comment

need to tell

need to tell

Good for you!! I am scared to tell my story (but that may be from AA, having to stand up in front of everyone and all) This IS the first day of the rest of your life!!

Mary Anne

Comment

need to tell

Hey lluf,

Hang in.

We'll muddle through together.

Your story touched a cord in me.

I've been here since Feb. or so. I'm doing okay and getting better. Sometimes I'm doing great and now I know I'll do even better yet.

It can and will happen for you.

We'll help.

Helen

Comment

need to tell

Hi nancy thanks for the support. I.m going to give this all i'v got and its thanks to all the people at this site. Tomorrow is my first day.I'm feeling a bit nervous but i will keep reading and posting.
            lluf

Comment

need to tell

Hi Helen
              thanks for the support

you sound so positive. I hope some of it rubs off on me.This is Sunday night here and will be my first day tomorrow. I'v started the supps and i should get the books and cds soon.I'm really stressed right now,can't think of anything but tomorrow, will try my hardest and keep posting.
              lluf

Comment

need to tell

A kindrid spirit

HI LLUF, when I read your story I thought I could have been reading about myself. I too come from Scotland and my favourite toy was a kuala with her baby which I loved so much she ended up bald! From the age of 18 I had this thought I would end up in Oz and like you had a child, met a kind man and one day in ,wait for it!, 1999 ,he said "I have been offered a job in oz" So in 1999 that's where we went.

I love it but lately I realised that I thought I was in Marbella not at home and drinking everytime I was pissed off was not the answer. That's why I found this site and lets face it, we can give our self a "gid skelpin" on the back for having the balls to join this site.

I would love to talk and tell u my horror stories, only just registered tonight and even though have been resading the boards for a week don't know what I'm registered for or not. You would think they would make it a bit simpler eh? considering we might be half pissed when we find this site!

Well anyway fellow scot, I hope we can be internet friends. Bye the way I'm 38

Comment

need to tell

im so glad you have shared this story.im leaving for the uk soon .oh the pubs. i just cant think about it.all the more to fix it,thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X