my story..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story..........

Well, it's been six weeks to the day. It feels a hella of lot longer.....since my decision to use this program. I wish I could say since my last drink, but my fall from the wagon wasn't too far, just once on vacation.
    I started with ordering the book online right away, then went and got the supps, which helped tremendously, and was already excersiing, but without a hangover, made it much more enjoyable on a daily basis, then cd's, and finally the topa. I went to my dr to get the rx, but she wouldn't give it to me, and by that time I felt so low, I didn't want to tell one more person that I'm an "alcoholic" so I just went "offshore" and have been dosing myself. Yet I think I was doing pretty good with just the supps.
    Does anyone feel like the Topa makes them more emotional? Recently I find myself questioning my 5 year marriage, and I have to wonder if it has to do with quitting drinking? Only because now I am much more adventuresome (as I used to be in younger years). I have been hiking and doing 5/10K's, bike riding etc, (with one year old in tow). So I find myself thinking if it weren't for that bundle of joy, it would be a lot easier for me to "take off" for more adventure now. My younger husband is somewhat of a grump. I know I need to bring this up, but I am scared, and feel I have dumped so much on him lately (drinking, his sole income, etc), I wouldn't/couldn't ACTUALLY leave him now. Guess I am just using you guys as a sound bored. Kind of wondering if becoming "healthy" has been cause of concern in other areas, if so, how do you go about clearing it up, is there ever a good time?

my story..........

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story! You should feel very proud for what you have accomplished in 6 weeks!

I know that there is an adjustment period after we give up drinking an/or cut back on it drastically. AA recommends not making a major changes in your life for one-year after you become sober! That might be one good piece of advice they give and I understand why! Look at all the emotions we go through. The highs and and the lows. Give it time and hopefully the clouds with lift soon!

Best Wishes,
    Tammie

Comment

my story..........

thanks Tammie,
      that does sound like good advice. I think I will start dosing down off the topa and take myself off completely too. Because when I first stopped drinking, I felt so much better, more like my old//youthful self. I don't like the tired feeling it gives, I do think I will be able to control the cravings, I did without the topa for almost four weeks while I was waiting for it, and while at times I thought about alcohol, I did not "crave" it. I still "think" about it on the topa too, but it's not a craving.Thanks again.

Comment

my story..........

my story.....

Hi,

I think you are doing awesome for just six short weeks! thanks for sharing! Tammie, what a great thing to think about . . . no huge life changes as your head is in sort of a weird place.

I have not gone on the topa myself. Just got the CDs today but really feel as though the supps have taken away most of the body craving but my mind keeps playing the game, alcohol, no alcohol, lots of alcohol, no alcohol (YIKES!) hence I ordered the CDs.

Best of luck to you,
        Mary

Comment

my story..........

Re: my story.....

Hi Notjust, I think we were calling you Nota, in chat last week...? Anyway, it does sound like you're doing great. And in answer to your question about being more emotional on topa... I notice myselr feeling more emotional these days. But I think a lot of it is just from allowing myself to "feel" ... rather, than just being so "out" of it all the time ...
          Also, I just feel so grateful & blessed by all that I have in my life... that, before ...I was just letting slip away. So, that is a pretty BIG change ... to say the least!!:eek

Comment

Working...
          X