Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday November 7th

Good morning all..

Just wanting some advice this morning really...A couple of nights this week i have hit the no sleep wall..
    The hypno cd is good...but is there any other tips anyone could share...I am trying to tire myself out during the day but its weird...Wednesday night i was asleep for 10pm...Earliest in a long time..but last night it was 3-30am...Not doing anything different from eachother..
    I think its not being able to switch my brain off...Just lie there thinking when in the past...I just knocked myself out with the booze..

Day 12 btw...I'm not counting..

Have a great day all to come love Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Friday November 7th

G'day there Mack... I've just done day 14 here, and going well..For me, i think i started to start to get a hint of almost normal sleep around day 8 ish. Sleep is still not great, but getting better. Plus i jog most day's, and am driving trucks moving furniture at the mo' so around 9-10 p.m. i'm feeling sleepy, plus body detoxing etc.... Ppl. are different of course.... i'm hoping you'll be sleeping well soon. body chemistry probably still adjusting and all that stuff.... and great effort on day 12! Good luck. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Friday November 7th

Thanks G..

Suppose it will level out when its ready...Nice on the 2 weeks by the way...Bet every milestone feels good..
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday November 7th

Morning
        Double digits Mack and G.....Hope you both are feeling very proud!!
        Sleeplessness was a biggie for me too, as tired as I was during the day, night time was posing a real challange. I did Melatonin for the first few months, did help, but I was once again depending on a "nightly fix".....I bit the bullet knowing a broken sleep, aid free, was hopefully temporary and decided to just wait it out.....A good night sleep does come.....I will take a crappy nights sleep over a hungover morning anyday!!!
        Everyone have a good day....
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Friday November 7th

Excellent job guys!!! You are doing fantastic!!!!

The sleep will come....as it's been said, your body has to level itself off. It's true, it's better to have a restless night then be hungover.......

Day 24 for me today...I am counting until 30, lol.

Christy
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Friday November 7th

yup it took me at least 6 weeks before I was getting a good night's sleep...

everyone here's doing great!

I'm still very much enjoying being AF.... life is far from perfect, or easy, but it is a HELL of a lot easier without daily doses of brain damage...

wip

Comment

Friday November 7th

Yep, Charlee, Christy, Wip and all to come.. Broken sleep beats a hangover hands down! And thanks for the encouragement..... Go Christy!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Friday November 7th

Thanks G!

I am a bit nervous about the weekend however. My backbone and conscience has gone up North for the weekend! This is the first weekend without my husband since I stopped drinking.
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

Friday November 7th

My internet is wacky today.... so this will be quick.

Get your weekend plan in place!!

Alomst 80 days and I still have those no sleep nights. Mack I think you have it nailed....I sometimes have trouble quieting my mind.

Have a great weekend all, nat
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Friday November 7th

CHRISTY - YOU CAN DO IT.

Funny, I just finished writing you and started browsing and came upon this thread and your post....

AND REMEMBER this. Just in case... for worst-case scenario and if all else fails (which I hope it won't). There is a BIG difference between AF... and going on the binge... so whatever happens you will be okay if you keep focused and go Mod for a day or even better, remain AF.

cheers.

Comment

Friday November 7th

Hey Macks... Have you tried eating a turkey sandwich shortly before bed?
                      Something in the turkey helps you sleep.
                      I too think it will take some time to adjust.
                      If I can't sleep, I get up and read a book and have some sleepytime tea and a few crackers.

Getting exercise early in the day helps me.
                      I'm impressed that you and Lisa are taking on the wallpaper today!
                      That should wear you both out.
                      Be nice and try not to hurt each other!!!!!!!!
                      My hubby and I did some window tint years ago and almost ended it all!!

:lNancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday November 7th

zed;462363 wrote: CHRISTY - YOU CAN DO IT.

Funny, I just finished writing you and started browsing and came upon this thread and your post....

AND REMEMBER this. Just in case... for worst-case scenario and if all else fails (which I hope it won't). There is a BIG difference between AF... and going on the binge... so whatever happens you will be okay if you keep focused and go Mod for a day or even better, remain AF.

cheers.
                        Thank you so much, Zed.

I just finished reading your PM and it means a lot. I will respond later, I am heading to take the girls to the movies!

You're right, I WILL be fine!

xo
                        AF July 6 2014

Comment

Friday November 7th

Aloha Friday ABerooos!

Macks, Christy, Guitarista, OMW, big congrats on the AF days! that's fantastic to see those numbers rack up so quickly isn't it?

Christy, not to seem cryptic but perhaps having your hubby be away will help to cement the fact that your true source of resolve must come from within. We have a lot more inner strength then we likely give ourselves credit for. it's there!

Zed, ni hau! How long have you been in China? love to go there on holiday sometime.

be well everyone and all to come!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday November 7th

Hi guys!

Sounds like everyone is doing great and headed into the weekend strong!
                            Mack. I guess I'm weird, but I sleep so much better now that I'm AF. I do take True Calm, EPO and my Omega 3's before bed. The True Calm is probably helping me--that and my warm, comfy flannel sheets!

Kind of a sad day at our home. We have been taking care of a dog fro a friend for awhile now (long enough for the kids and us to get attached). She started getting sick night before last and I couldn't get her to the vet because of the blizzard yesterday. She keeps hiding, because I think she wants to die in peace. We found her this morning and I took her to the vet, and as I suspected her kidneys and liver are failing (failed). Now I need to get ahold of the owner so he can do the right thing.....Kids are kinda prepared, but will be really sad about it.:upset:
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Friday November 7th

oh LVT, sorry to hear about that. I'm such a softie with pets myself.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X