Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Monday! Monday!
    Good Morninger Abberoos! After being up for 3 hours already, after three cups of coffee, I have decided to get my daily workout in before hubby leaves for work. Yes, I'd say I had a bit of insomnia (could it be from my slips this week? Hmmm....). However, if I get my workout in, then I can be lazy for the rest of the day if I want to. Especially since my House Cleaning Drill Sargeant will be at work all day.
    It sounds as if a good handful of us have been getting tossed off the wagon these past weeks. Luckily for us, the daily AB Thread Wagon has lots of hands reaching down to pick us back up. I just want to say thank you to all of you for being so supportive and so real. Cinders, I already mentioned it at the end of last night's thread, but I'll say it again: I love what you said about, slipping being okay (or normal orhowever you put it) and that the slips would become fewer and fewer as we go along. This inspires me. Rather than saying, "F*#ck it! I already slipped, let's have a hay day!", it keeps me focused on getting back on track.
    I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day! I'll check in w/ ya'll later!
    PS CONGRATS TO MY BEST FRIEND (who reads, but doesn't post)! TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF HER SECOND WEEK!!!!
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Good morning! I hate Mondays....actually, I hate mornings, lol....MM, you sound way too cheerful for this time of the morning! lmao! And you have been up for 3 hrs AND worked out already, good ogd! I can't even type....

In regards to slips, yes they are normal, and we forget that when they happen and we beat ourselves up and make ourselves feel worse. Thankfully we are all at the stage where we don't just give up and as you say MM, 'F#$k it and just keep falling and stay off the wagon. We are all human, we all make mistakes and as long as we don't give up and we learn from those mistakes we will all be fine!

I am thinking I may go back to bed for 20mins...I'm not ready to get up. I have a few things to do today, kids to dr's groceries, bathrooms, maybe a couple loads of laundry...maybe not...lol...

Hope everyone has a good one and I will check in in a bit!

C
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hi Absters:

On the subject of slips: I've had plenty...as recently as last week. Yes, they are fewer & the hold AL has on me has weakened. That said: I have to be diligent, because my AL brain will always try to tell me drinking is OK, that I don't drink that much, that everyone else can why can't I, etc. I want to be through w/slips at this point. I'm tired of them & want out. So, I'm being very prepared at all times. In the past, the thoughts have come when I least expected them.

Take care. I'm having oral surgery this AM, so might not log on later.

Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hi all...

Just checking in for today..A lot of people hate the word slip..Think its an excuse or a get out clause for being sober...I truley beleive they are the building blocks to becoming totally af if thats what you want..It must be unbelivably rare to say" Thats it" and you never drink again...Your last slip is the most important...The one that counts...You know when you've had it..The time is right for you..Not everyone else...Something does actually click in your head and tells you enough is enough..You get sick of it..It repulses you...Then nothing or nobody, even the voice in your head can tell you different..
        I havent been sober for 2 weeks since 2006 untill today..I know the time is right..but it took 2 years of heartache..slips..embaressment..testing the love of a wonderful family to get me prepared mentally for where i am at the moment...Which is now and forever sober...And happy
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Morning everyone, glad this weekend is done. Sounds like everyone is trying to get going this morning, not a morning person myself. Good luck with the surgery Mary, I?ll be thinking of you.

After my run this morning, I am going to sit down and make a better sobriety/recovery plan. The combo of stress, boredom and complacency are the kiss of death for me.

MM, Christy, Mary and all to come have a great day,

nat
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Mack, we crossed, you sound so great!!. The family is a great motivator huh??? Keep up the good work, nat
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Good plan, OMW--pardon the pun, lol.....I have to say....your avatar makes me a little dizzy, lol.

Good luck Mary!!!!

Mack, congrats on 2 weeks and yes, you sounds awesome and everything you said, hits home and is bang on!

Gotta get read for my party day.....dr's, groceries, cleaning bathrooms, etc....very glamorous!

Day 27 for me.....
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Everyone:

I have a few minutes before I leave for the oral surgery. I'll be glad when it's behind me, but I'm prepared & not obssessing.

Slips, relapses, lapses, whatever. Macks, I loved what you said about them. It's the last one that counts. Lately, when I've relapsed, it's been a all-out binge...not just a few drinks. I think that's my psyche telling me: "See, when you drink, you always go too far." I'm almost grateful for that.

I think there have been people here at MWO & elsewhere who have said: "Enough is enough" & never drink again. But, I agree that they are probably few & far between. I really see the end of my drinking in sight.

Last night we were out w/friends who were eating & drinking fine wines. I had the selzer & was fine about it. I was able to concentrate on the conversation. When I'm drinking, that's all I can think about.

Take care, Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

MM ~ what is in that coffee you are drinking - lol! :H Glad to hear you so happy, it's contagious. Hope the rest of the day keeps going great for you, and for all to follow...
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Mary, my last adventure was nothing less than a drinking endurance marathon....it was almost like we'll you've dropped the ball, you might as well jump in 150%. I'm still shaking my head...I know better

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Good morning, all! This is a wonderful, upbeat thread... with a strong, consistent emphasis on HOW to be AF! I appreciate that... plan to spend more time here.

Yes the term "slips" is controversial. I tend to agree with DG who always said it was not an accurate term... because it implies that what happened was an "accident," which of course it wasn't, unless someone accidentally sloshed a bunch of whisky in my mouth... several times... and I kept on "accidentally" swallowing, and holding my mouth open... !

I think it is helpful to be careful about the words we use, because it reflects how we think about things. If I drink, it is because I decided to drink, not because I slipped on a banana peel!

However, there is a huge difference between deciding to drink, and then having 2 drinks, and then going back to being AF... as opposed to deciding to drink, and then having 18 drinks and continuing to drink on a daily basis, for years! I've done both! Option #1 is infinitely better!

Some people who work in this field use the two terms: "relapse" for Option #2 and "lapse" for Option #1. I think that's probably a good way to look at it...

I'm doing great today, already sat meditation, will get in my spinning later, and on to a bunch of work-type stuff that must, got to, get done....

Everyone have a good day!

wip

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Morning all! No banana peels in the house here :h I had a good visit with my doc Friday. I put several things in a spreadsheet and took it with me for discussion. It worked out well and he put it in my file. Today I begin documenting my supps, blood sugar, and diet. Tomorrow I begin Campral, with another doc appointment Friday. Tomorrow is some me time, not grandma time. Going for a haircut and winter shoes! I hope y'all have a strong day and I'll come visit you more often :wings:

Christy, any plans for Thursday?
                        :l
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Happy hangover-free Monday ABomatics!

wow, you are all so early to log in today and I'm late. Jumped into work straight away.

Christy, what party? I'll bring garlic bread!

thanks for the warning on the banana peels....looking around and watching my step.

be well friends,
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hi to all ABBs ,
                            I have gone past the 90 day AF mark so now comes another part of the "housecleaning". I am going NF starting tdy. I keep failing at this so keep your fingers crossed for me, please. I went 6 days NF in mid Oct but caved. I plan to try some of my AF strategies on this; one thing I need to do quickly is get my mind into the state of "gratitude" for not smoking. This state of "gratitude" for not drinking has been a key to my success at staying AF. As long as we don't feel deprived we have a much better chance of success at both addictions. Sorry to clog the thread talking about Nic but the methods for staying "free" might very well be the same. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday! Kriger
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hey MM, River, OMW, Mary, Christy, Det, and all you regulars I am missing here... I have an idea... Could we have a name for this thread? When newbies show up I like to have a place to send them to post where they know that folks are working seriously on being AF... this is a good place for that... but the thread is hard to find, because it just goes by the date every day. A new person (hell some of us not quite so new persons) will not necessarily recognize it as an AF or ABS thread. Could we call it something special every day, along with the date???

wip

Comment

Working...
                              X