AF Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Quotes

My experience through life has convinced me that, while moderation and temperance in all things are commendable and beneficial, abstinence from spirituous liquors is the best safeguard of morals and health.

Robert E. Lee
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

AF Quotes

hi big D,I could agrree along this path of mine it is the same way,we all half to find what works for us,

Comment

AF Quotes

Refrain from drink which is the source of all evil--and the ruin of half the workmen in this Country.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Thomas Green, Mar. 31, 1789
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Quotes

I always drank, from when it was legal for me to drink. And there was never a time for me when the goal wasn't to get as hammered as I could possibly afford to. I never understood social drinking, that's always seemed to me like kissing your sister.

STEPHEN KING, interview, Sept. 14, 2000
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Quotes

The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, The Big Book
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Quotes

And this one is especially for Chief!!
            It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Quotes

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your
              mouth shut. by Ernest Hemingway.

If we habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall in to this vice. The demon of intemperance ever seems to have delighted in sucking the blood of genius and generosity. by Araham Lincoln.

Saint Patrick was a gentlman.... who through stratergy and stealth....Drove all the snakes from Ireland....Here's a drinkee to his health! But not too many drinkee....lest we lose ourselves and then forget the good Saint Patrick...and see them snakes again. Author unknown.
              family is everything to me

Comment

AF Quotes

Cinders;465318 wrote:
                I never understood social drinking, that's always seemed to me like kissing your sister.
                Or like drinking decaf...
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

AF Quotes

LOL River

hey Cinders I'd not see the quote by G. Washington. wow!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Quotes

Good stuff...

Comment

AF Quotes

"Quit trying to control something which is uncontrollable"

Bear
                      February 08
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

AF Quotes

Thanks Janice, I was watching for some "Bear" quotes!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Quotes

Alcohol is barren. The words a man speaks in the night of drunkenness fade like the darkness itself at the coming of day.

Marguerite Duras
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Quotes

A great thread!

Sorry it is not from a famous person, but this one is from my dad, on having completed a 5-generation family tree, which started with his grandparents (irish) and ended with his grandchildren.

"A few words of reflection. The first is that as a family, we love our music. The second is that we should all avoid strong liquor."

....... it has stuck with me, word for word, since I first read it.
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

AF Quotes

At the punch-bowl's brink, let the thirsty think, what they say in Japan: first the man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X