Hope this helps you all understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone I?m Cymru?s girlfriend. He has asked me to post to let my feelings out.

As you all probably know I gave Cy an ultimatum a few weeks ago, MWO or Me! I have my reasons for this which I would like to explain. Since Cy has been on this site his drinking has changed and is now much worse than ever before. He will drink for 3 - 4 days at a time whilst ignoring everyone that cares about him. Myself and his parent go out of our minds with worry not knowing if he is dead or alive. We have the constant lies some of which have shocked us that he could even lie about things so serious. I?m not blaming any of you guys as I have read some of your posts and you all seem like really lovely people. I just feel that this site doesn?t help Cy and feel it?s making him worse as he talks to you all and tells you that he is having urges but you can?t physically stop him drinking. Which brings me onto my next reason. Since he has been on this site he has stopped telling me when he is getting his urges. In fact he doesn?t really tell me much of how he is feeling as he would prefer to tell you guys. I have been there for him for the last 2 and a half year since he has been drinking again . I have given up drinking to help him and haven?t drunk now for about 3 months maybe even longer . I have given him all the love and support he could ever wish for during the past 2 and a half years. But I feel like I?m no longer needed.

You may all think I am being insecure or maybe some would say childish but I just want the old Cy back and if I thought MWO was working for him I would quite happily let him on here.

This is going to be an ongoing argument until he seeks professional help.

I really hope i haven't offended anyone.

Well I wish the both of you the very best of luck...

Comment

Not at all offended, Wish. Very sad that things have gotten to such a point for both of you. I think everyone here wants Cy to get ALL the help he needs, and of course only he can decide to actually do that. I hope he will, and soon. You are right, that learning how to EFFECTIVELY cope with urges and impulses to drink is one of the most important aspects of getting free from alcohol...

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Wish upon a star....How great of you to come and say what you have said. At the end of the day, this is only a forum and does not replace 'real' help that may be needed. My husband doesnt know I log on here, he too would get pissed off i think! I hope you can work things out and all the very best to you both.. Bella XXXX

Comment

wow you have a lot of nerve,my dear,this isnt about you,and i hope i dont offend,wether he drinks or not he,has to come a reality of wht he is doing,hes not having an affair,with us,he s talking,thts it expression of ones thots cause he has a frikkin problem,which my dear youll never understand,because you can stop,you hit a fine note with me,will i go get drunk,NO,IVE ACCOMPLISHED WHT IVE ACCOMPLISHED CAUSE OF ME AND THIS PLACE,GO TO aa MEETINGS WITH HIM.THEY HIDE,IN LITTLE ROOMS AND ACCOMPLISH SOBRIETY,if tht is what it takes,great,you have no rt to come and judge,us,or CY,if you dont like the situation,get the f...,out now,my wife has survived 33 years,this isa n alergy,but you wouldnt no tht,gyco think about what you say b4 you speak,by the way if you were mine,i would of left a long time ago

Comment

I don't know Cy but I have certainly read some of his posts as I 'lurk' around here. After reading your post I just wanted to wish you and Cy well. I can only imagine how difficult this is and especially if you think MWO isn't working and is in fact harming his getting better. You did say that you
            just feel that this site doesn?t help Cy and feel it?s making him worse as he talks to you all and tells you that he is having urges but you can?t physically stop him drinking.
            and one thing I wanted to say to that is that noone, but Cy himself , can stop his drinking. He needs to do this himself and his coming here certainly means he wants to. Doesn't mean it's the best way for him though. I do hope, for his sake and yours, that he finds something that works for him. I'm pulling for you both!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your positive posts. It was very difficult posting but I did it for Cy and also to explain to everyone my reason and just to show that i'm not an evil person. I love Cy very much and just want this horrible illness to go away so we can go back to be happy like we were. I'm so scared that something will happen to him when drunk as he has no memory of things he does. Or worse that the alcohol will slowly kill him. I know this sounds very morbid but it is constantly on my mind and it scares the hell outta me. His drinking is getting out of control and i think it really scares him too.

Comment

Hi Wishing
                Cym is very lucky to have you - family support is incredibly important in this battle but ultimately it is up to the person themselves - no one else can do it for them not with the best will in the world. Unfortunately the "illness" is not going to go away as I am sure lots of us here would wish that too. It is a big fight and takes a lot of resources and determination. If Cym believes MWO helps him then why try to stop him which I imagine would just cause him more stress. Maybe he needs something else as well as MWO maybe AA or similar and you might want to discuss that with him.
                BH

Comment

i will post one more time and thts it,i dont no where your from but i will giv som advice,i was in a facility in canada this last february,i no for fact it is the best in the world,send him there,trust me ,he will come out a new man,or not,homewood,guelph,ontario,canada,

Comment

im going away for a while its gettin worse here then AA online,for christs sake,,yes gyco is upset

Comment

Gyco;465716 wrote: im going away for a while its gettin worse here then AA online,for christs sake,,yes gyco is upset
                      Gyco, in my opinion, that was a crappy, and mean-spirited bunch of posts. This woman has every right to be concerned.

wip

Comment

Yeah Gyco settle down!
                        BH

Comment

Gyco i'm sorry to have upset you. I posted because Cy asked me too. Your right I don't know what its like for Cy. I'm just there to give him support and love when he needs it because that is all I can do. Your all right only he can stop this but i will be there to help him along the way.

Comment

Wish,
                            I want to start by saying that I only wish the BEST for Cy and for you. I do want to say that IF you have issued an ultimatum for him to stay away from MWO that might not be the best of ideas. Although we want things to go a certain way, none of us can really mandate that and expect it to go well. The resentment that might build as a result is not really what you want either I expect. I hope Cy gets all the help he needs to beat this. I also want to say that if Cy has gotten worse lately it is not because of MWO. JMHO Kriger
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Wish, There is another woman posting on this site because her hubby is an alcoholic and has been able to transform her thinking and ways of helping him by leaps and bounds. Things have vastly improved in their household because of some of her changes. If you would like you could send her a PM and talk a bit with someone that has a lot in common with you. Her site name is "Waiting For His Way Out". Maybe talking to her would give you an alternate approach.
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X